1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with historic Monza banking!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lab Pong, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I got the update just as it hit the net yesterday....so excited to run the 1991 and historic versions of Monza.

I start out with an open wheeler on the historic track.....then find a huge programing/software issue. My friend found the same thing with his update as well.

When we drive a few feet above the yellow line into the upper lane of the oval banking (both sides), it is like the road is not really a smooth surface with the barrier lined up normally. I can not drive up there at all as it is like there are boulders and something punching/shoving the car down to the lower part of the banking. It is like the programming is all messed up.

I drove about 5mph and it does the same thing as it does at full speed. Anyone else experience this issue too?

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Are you using custom FFB? If yes, does it do it as well on Default?

The customFFB guys are aware of the rFuktor 4.6 files suffering from this.

3. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Yes, using the custom files. Thanks for alerting me to the cause!

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

No problem. Keep an eye on the customFFB thread as there might be something released soon as a "Monza Special" just to avoid it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

while trying to figure out what the issue is , it’s been noted by @Peter Stefani that the track mesh does something strange once you go on the old banked surface.
    it becomes hyperactive as soon as you go over that line or mark even before the banking.
    This may well be intentional by dev to illustrate the old corse surface.
    It isn’t very notable with default FFB or older versions of custom as they don’t receive much in the way of direct rack forces.
    But the rfuktor 4.6 does and it’s unique in this way, which is a great tool in 99% of Ams2 land. but that section of track mesh is being super sensitive or amplified it seems .

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, in the first banked section of the oval, after the tarmac ends and the concrete starts, at the 25th line of concrete divider, the effect starts to happen, even at 1 Kph or any other speed.
    The wheel goes into wild center oscillations as you go over these sections. And then in the second banking section the wheel jolts from left to right, and the FFB is in heavy clipping mode.
    Because it doesn't do this with version 4.5 or the default FFB, just means that it's not being accented as much as with the version 4.6 which is rack based.

7. Peter Stefani

Going to do a check that Stakanov suggested....

8. Peter Stefani

did not work.