How to paint wheels?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey all, bit stuck here. ive created a skin but want to change the colour of the wheels, how do i achieve this? the template I'm using is the LancerRS.ive tried pasting my skin on top of a skin with black wheels but they still come out silver. Is there another part to the skin that I'm totally missing? thank you :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi!
    You can only choose different wheels on vehicles that are allowed to, by editing their .veh files.
    What you can do to change the Lancer RS (and the cars that have this option) is:
    - Open the correspondent skin .veh file with a notepad.
    - Find the line "GenString=SLV // SLV - silver, BLK - black"
    - Change the GenString=SLV part to GenString=BLK.
    - Save the file.

3. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: No worries. I found that it was something to do with the genstring (as you said in your earlier post). Sorry to waste your time.

Hi Thiago.

I'm in the middle of making a custom skin (but it's for a mod, so I understand if you don't officially support this).
    It came with a few different .psd files including one for the rims of the car. I was just wondering, which "Extra#=" should I use in the vehicle's .veh file in order for AMS to recognise the (rim).dds file once I've exported it to the relevant directory?
    I can see in some .veh files there are "Extra0=" for the windshield and others for things like Driver helmet etc. Are these Extra# tags reserved specifically for individual modifications (if so, where can I find a comprehensive listing?) or can any # be used for any type of file?

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1