1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

Believe it or not, alecgunners tune works great on my ancient logitec driving force pro!
    I'm dumbfounded....thank you Alec and kuku..and ofc Karsten..

My older silver raw that I've been using had more feeling of lightness in the wheel on oversteer. What can I change in this new file to have more of that?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am amazed that you can actually turn the wheel at those settings. I have the same CSW 2.5 as you, and if I use your file at the in game and on wheel settings that you have, the wheel is just soooooooo heavy. I don't understand. Very weird. I do like your Custom FFB file though, just at reduced in game gain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dan Elyard

Dan Elyard New Member

I have to say thank you for this file, I’ve been swapping between custom and default ever since early access and this is the best feeling I’ve ever had with this sim. Fantastic work, my CSW 2.5 finally feels like it’s working properly now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I agree with @Michael Enright completely - that’s a LOT of gain. But that’s personal taste, and the file is absolutely brilliant. I am running 55 - 7 - 40 - 25, with FEI at 50 instead of your 60 and it just feels INCREDIBLE. Thanks very much for sharing. @Kuku Maddog, @Karsten Hvidberg… this is the new gold standard for CSW 2.5.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All credit should go to @Karsten Hvidberg , @Kuku Maddog for the most part, all I did was change a few numbers.
    Not sure why it feels so stiff on other csw's, I'm using the latest drivers fwiw.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Naturally! I’d just suggest that this particular edit of the file is in the OP/zips/etc as the standard for CSW2.5 users.

7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

one trade off of stronger resistance force is it can make it harder to feel subtle variations.
    One thing to look at might be the initial tyre resistance.
    i think Alegunner has put back to 3.0 , it may be worth trying lower values there and see if it helps widen the difference between stress loaded tyres and a non loaded .

8. Temougyn

Temougyn New Member

Hi all, but I'm the only one who prefers the default + setting instead of modified files rfuktor? i have simucube 2 pro

9. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the same situation as before, some prefer default and some prefer the custom option. And even within the custom option there's huge scope for different tastes. I'm just glad we have such a huge amount of choice.

There's no right or wrong option there. I think default+ is a big improvement and its great that Reiza are still actively trying to improve ffb.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Racer25

Racer25 New Member

As Chonk said, it all comes down to personal preference. I think Reiza did a good job improving the default and default+, but a well done custom file seems to have a bit more detail for a lot of people. The problem I've had with the defaults are that they feel almost hyper-reactive. This is especially true as the wheel returns to center. The rfuktor and variants just feels more natural and makes driving more intuitive for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Michael Enright

I'm using v432 and Fanalabs 1.60.6

12. Michael Enright

I have changed it to 2.8, but doesn't make a lot of difference. Made a few other changes too. Maybe I just have an ultra strong CSW 2.5. :D, either that, or I am a 70Kg weakling. :)

13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I wasn’t talking about strength or weight of your wheel base, this was about a greater variance between normal tyre resistance and loaded tyre feel . In most of the files I have initial tyre resistance at 2.0 for example.
    I cant say for certain if it will help feelings of understeer or tyres running past there grip level, but it may contribute..
    but if your struggling with the weight or general power of the forces then bumping Normal static force reduction up a bit might get it in a window that you like.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Temougyn

Temougyn New Member

Sento più dettagli con il profilo default+. È vero che è più nervoso, ma con i filtri simucube posso correggere questa problem

15. Michael Enright

I was only commenting on how extremely heavy the wheel is with gain at 70 in game and FFB at 100 on the CSW 2.5 with @Alegunner68 file. I have no problems with changing it to suit me, just cant see how a car can be driven with such a heavy steering. That is why we have adjustments, right? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very odd that, the ffb on my wheel with my file feels very dynamic, from hardly any force on slow corners to a nice weight at speed and everything in between. Driveable with one hand until I reach 150+ mph.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Vanisch

Vanisch New Member

Hey Kuku
    I think what you have created with your Custom FFB for AMS 2 is absolutely awesome. I operate the settings on my Simucube 1 and I am absolutely thrilled how exactly you can feel the car with it. Since the implementation of the Indycar series in AMS 2, I've been totally enthusiastic about AMS 2, but with your Custom FFB it's even better.
    I've never had a better FFB.

Thanks for that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Michael Enright

Odd indeed. I had a mate with a fairly new CSW set at all your settings, and he too found it very heavy. I don't even run my wheelbase at 100, only 90. Oh well, it doesn't really matter, I just turn down Gain, and it's great. Thanks.

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

It's been a while, but we(@Panos Schoino, @Shadak and myself) finally spent several nights over a longer period and have the next evolution. It is a big leap forward in multiple ways, so we are skipping to next major version number :)

* BIG change: Damping is damping again.
    * Improved oversteer/understeer calculations.
    * More precise slip calculations.
    * Adjusted slip feel.
    * New lfb calculations, allowing more adjustability at the low end of the lfb range.
    * New tear, including early tear effect.
    * Tear naturally progressing from road noise and slight rolling road slipping.
    * Scrub adjusted.
    * Removed trail stuff, so no issues on Monza 10k etc.
    * A few other improvements.
    * Some bugs fixed.

"rFuktor 5.0" direct link(original, high end file) :

https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-rfuktor-5-0-txt.18469/

- Remember renaming the file to "ffb_custom_settings.txt"

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Nice to see you, @Karsten Hvidberg :)

I will definitely try this out today when I get home from work. Which in-game FFB settings you are using with this file and with your Simucube 2 wheelbase (you're still using this wheelbase, am I right)? Also is there any significant changes required in True Drive or does your old settings you gave me long time ago still apply with this file? Thanks. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2