Need Suggestions For Smoother Graphics.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by jbfan, Jan 5, 2022.

1. jbfan

jbfan New Member

Hey Guys,
    AMS 2 is my absolute favorite sim but I just can't quite get the graphics as smooth as I would like. I realize the shadow modeling may not be the greatest (based on what I've read) but I also get a little shimmering in fencing and distant objects. Any suggestions on what I should set my graphics to in-game and also, can anyone offer Nvidia Profile Inspector settings to help with graphics? My PC specs are:
    GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti
    CPU- AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor 3.70 GHz
    RAM 8.0 GB
    In-game settings in attached photos. (I am not running in VR)
    I have tried multiple weather settings and track conditions.
    I just want to get the best possible graphics for the system I have.

Thank You!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Shimmer and shadow crawl is an issue in AMS2 and no ingame settings could fix this for me on my Pascal card. The best I could do was run MSAA as high as possible and run FXAA and MFAA in the Nvidia control panel (NVCP) with the enhanced option set.
    Saying all this, as soon as I upgraded to the 3080 and higher fps the image is amazingly smoother. I honestly can't believe how much the higher fps helped clean up the whole image. I now set all NVCP to default and MSAA high.
    I still really hope Reiza improve the shadows but for now (as I always do) I just run cloudy weather to soften the shadows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jbfan

jbfan New Member

Thank You! 2ndLastJedi

• Like Like x 1