1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input lag

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by arminglf, Feb 28, 2022.

1. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Hi all,

I'm using a wheel (Fanatec CSW 2.5) and not sure if I didn't notice it before but there is a slight input lag. I could swear there was pretty much no lag before the latest updates, but now I'm not sure if I simply didn't notice it before? Although seems unlikely given all the hours I've been playing.

Is it normal to have a bit of input lag? Or has someone noticing is worse after latest updates?

Thanks.

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

If you use a controller there's a bit of input lag because of all the built-in controller filters that cannot be turned off. That shouldn't be a problem if you're using a wheel.
    Check your graphics settings, make sure v-sync is off, and render frames ahead is set to 1. If you're using a HDTV make sure game mode is enabled.

3. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Thanks I'll try that

4. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Hi @FS7 I tried what you suggested but didn't help. I was just wondering, I recently had to start using an old monitor (I was previously using a HDTV), is it possible that this monitor is causing the input lag? And can also the monitor cause some input lag when playing in VR?

Thanks again.

5. FS7

I don't have VR so I can't comment on that. I'd suggest you try other games with that monitor, if those games have input lag too then the problem is the monitor, if other games work fine but only AMS2 has input lag then I'd suggest you post in the bug reports thread.

6. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Might need to check refresh rate on your monitor. mine did that when my system selected 24Hz instead of 60 Hz. Worth a look

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FS7

For games like rF1, rF2, GTR2, AMS1, sometimes the game starts in the wrong resolution and/or framerate, that's why for those games I always check the config launcher before starting the game to make sure the correct resolution and framerate is selected. I've never had this problem with AMS2 but I agree it would be worth taking a look.

8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Monitor can cause big input lag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Thanks guys, I'm using a TV now and it seems to be a bit better. There is still a very slight delay but I guess it's normal to have a little bit of a delay?

It's not the game btw because when I check the wheel movement in Fanalab I can also notice that slight delay which is only noticeable with very quick turns.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If your TV now gives less input lag then the monitor you used before must have had an unusual high lag.
    Normally its the opposite way around because TV sets have so many other things going that more or less any "normal" monitor will have much less input lag.

11. FS7

You should enable game mode in the TV settings, that disables some of the post-processing stuff and reduces input lag.