1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War in Europe and the impact on the world

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Talking of freedom of the press and humen rights.
    FREE JULIAN ASSANGE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed...it's only Putin who makes people afraid to say their opinion, but hail to our western freedom of speech!
    [sarcasm off]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You asked about the Serbian,here you have it clear!
    Update 05.03.2022 Der Spiegel / The Mirror / German translated.
    To answere the questions "what have the serbians done"

Putin is celebrated in Belgrade
    Around the world, the Russian attack on Ukraine is being condemned. But in Serbia, people take to the streets and cheer Putin's campaign.

Around a thousand pro-Russian demonstrators have taken to the streets of the Serbian capital Belgrade to express their support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Carrying Russian flags and pictures of Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin, the demonstrators marched through the city center on Friday evening. Many chanted anti-Nato slogans as they did so. "Ukraine is currently being liberated from neo-Nazis," 22-year-old demonstrator Nikola Babic told the AFP news agency. "The Russians - our brothers - are liberating the country and hopefully the world."

While protests against the Russian invasion of Ukraine are taking place in many other major European cities, many Serbs support Russian President Putin. A number of Serbian media outlets in recent days have defended his attack on the neighboring country. At the UN General Assembly, Serbia did vote in favor of a resolution condemning Russia's attack on Ukraine. However, the country has not joined the Western sanctions against Russia. Serbia is heavily dependent on Russia for energy.

Putin justifies the war against Ukraine by saying that it is a fight against "neo-Nazis" from whom the neighboring country must be freed. Ukrainians and Russians are "one people". In the "Kiev regime," Putin claims, the neo-Nazis are in charge. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Selenskyj has Jewish roots and vehemently denies the accusations. Jewish institutions in the country support Selenskyj.
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Sorry, little bit off topic, but as my family is half Ukraine I decided to do a special skin for the AMG GT3 and a short video for PEACE !!!.

@group moderators : If you think this post is in the wrong place please feel free to move it to a place where you think it should be, thanks !

All Sim racers stay united for peace and against war !!!

• Like x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Moved it here from the AMS2 Release thread, keep up the positive vibes guys!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Thx mate ! I was not aware of this thread !

7. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

Its not like their hiding it ,again plenty to find on YT, google...
    Guess who is giving them weapens,... look up what these groups have done in the Donbass region.
    Facebook Allows Praise of Ukraine’s Neo-Nazi Azov Battalion (theintercept.com)
    Azov_Battalion_Nazis.jpg How Zelensky Made Peace With Neo-Nazis – Consortium News

Very interesting interview with Scott Ritter The Ukraine Crisis with Dan Cohen and Scott Ritter (mintpressnews.com)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andrex

Andrex New Member

"Der Spiegel" is not a good News- Magazine they lie a lot and have their own truth. I stopped reading this Magazine since 15 years, it is not a serious source for the truth ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, if the NATO had been bombing your country (including schools, buses full of people and what not) non stop for months and killed thousands and thousands of innocent civilians, who would you support? I am not defending or supporting anyone, just asking though...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

DSCF0018.JPG It's a german tradition to make the gas station the litmus test for the degree of crisis.

Notice that Diesel and Gasoline prices are decoupled now. (Diesel runs the economy, not Gasoline)

11. Dady Cairo

This makes it a lot clearer what Putin means with "de-nazification".Then he should be satisfied as a basis for negotiating peace with the illegally conquered territories, although from the Russian side it is still an illegal intrusion into the territories of Ukraine.
    But the agressor is Putin since 2014 and does not have to interfere.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Difficult to say but speaking for myself in no way neo-nazis or facists.On every side.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

But more serious as the "Bild-Zeitung":D
    I read every news paper to make up my mind.Also those of the opposite side.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roland Van de Walle

Problems started way before 2014.
    Putin warned NATO already in 2008, Putin warns Nato over expansion | Vladimir Putin | The Guardian.
    So its ok that the US or NATO interferes in these matters?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dady Cairo

If a country decides to be free and will be on the "western side" ,as Georgia too and the russians don't let them, who garantees their freedom then.As you can see now,the russians can't be trusted.Why should a bigger country decide about a smaller country,where it wants to go.Makes no sense to me.Who else should protect them?Big failure was not to act earlier.No matter what the Dictator Putin says and wants.He grabs it anyway,legal or ilegal.
    Can we Germans have back our country in the borders of 1942? Truly not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Roland Van de Walle

A big part of that country does not want to be with the west, i think you are forgetting this.
    From wat i can see its the Ukranian goverment that can't be trusted, they are backing out of agreements that have been made not that long ago altho they claim otherwise
    Zelensky wants to put nuclear weapons in his country, read his speech from the munich security conference Zelensky's full speech at Munich Security Conference (kyivindependent.com)
    Neither to me but US and NATO have a history of backing "freedomfighters".
    Terrorists is what i call them.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I read the speech. No mention of wanting nuclear weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sky News reported its journalists were attacked by a group of Russian saboteurs. Despite repeatedly yelling out that they were members of the press, the Russians continued to fire on them. Pretty scary footage, it's chaotic, so hard to tell exactly what's going on. The cameraman was hit twice in the body armor, though thankfully all of them got out alive.

19. Roland Van de Walle

Ukraine will have every right to believe that the Budapest Memorandum is not working and all the package decisions of 1994 are in doubt.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a general note, that being careful with interpretation of information is important.

Please try to be objective and don't assume, what you don't know for sure. Otherwise, discussions can get pretty heated and speculative.

It's just a reminder in general terms, so don't see this directly related to any post here (yet). :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1