1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Not in my game :whistle::

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: Ginetta GT4
    Applicable Settings: MP qualifying, Mechanical damage on
    Report: Overheats within 2 laps with terminal damage. 80% radiator opening didn't make any difference to cooling compared to 50% or less. Temps constantly rise well above 300F and kills the engine.
    Steps to reproduce: Didn't try the online race as i expected the engine to die with 2 laps as it did repeatedly in qualifying. Tried offline with exactly the same car, setup, track & with high ambient & track temps of 96/122F and temps stayed at approx 210F with no mechanical damage.

Also had similar behaviour in TT at Road America with the Gen 1 Carts on the 1st lap at Morain Sweep (which is less than half a lap) repeatedly - even if the radiator values were set to fully open and short shifted. When I left & restarted the same TT session, the behaviour (which feels like thermal runaway) was completely gone and I was unable to replicate with driving exactly the same as before. Makes the game unplayable when it happens. It almost feels like its predetermined or a random bug that predetermines it will blow the engine irrespective of what you do.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cmcg

cmcg New Member

Yes I totally agree, this is quite a serious bug in VR and needs to be addressed. Glad to see this here, thank you.

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Vehicles: F_USA 1995, 1998, 2000

Report: When racing theses cars, I very often suffer from a complete loss of FFB all over sudden on my Thrustmaster TS-XW wheel, no matter if I use custom or ingame ffb file. Driver settings do not play a role, too, as I also tried extremely low settings.
    Wheel is neither damaged nor getting hot or even warm during play. Does not happen with other cars of AMS 2 or in any other racing game I play (AC, RF2, R3E , AMS 1etc).
    This loss of ffb may occur after some hours of playing or sometimes just after a few laps. There must be something within the ffb of these cars which the wheel does not like.
    Restarting the game solves the issue, but it can happen again afterwards.

For example I raced for 3 hours today with the F-Classic Gen 3 without problems. Later on, I just did a bit training with the CART 2000 and the ffb was gone in lap 3.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

The same happened to me:
    FReiza - Road America
    FClassic G3 - Silverstone 75

6. Capt Ahab

Capt Ahab Member

Me too Ramsay happened in a race with V8 Supercars and today with a P4 serious issue when in a organized race. My suggestion is to run lobbies without engine damage.
    Don't join ones with it on especially ranked lobbies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Formula Classic Gen 2 Model 3:

In the car selection screen, it is said that the car would have a boost button, but it has not. Was there in former builds, but it has been removed.

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Silverstone Historic 1975:
    Many AI crash when coming out of the garage because of the brickwalls which are placed right and left of the exit.

9. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

I Know this has been asked numerous times, are Reiza any close to finding out why duplicate liveries are still appearing ? I know this isn't game breaking , but it would be nice to know if they can rectify it.
    Many thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Strange thing: It always happens in championship mode. But in single races, it does not occur in each car class, just in a few. And in some of those, the bug only shows up when custom liveries are in use (Formula V12).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Agreed, i think it was either 2 or 3 Formula classes that they are duplicated, haven't seen it in any other classes.

Ok i have found 4 classes that have the duplicate liveries, Hope this helps

Formula Reiza
    Formula v10 Gen 2
    Formula Ultimate 2019
    Formula v12

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track
    : Velo Citta
    Car Used: P2 - MetalMoro MRX Duratec Turbo
    Applicable Settings: 30min + 1lap Multiclass Race P1, P2, P3, P4 with 4 slots weather (heavy cloud + rain + heavy cloud + heavy cloud) - Used this way because in the attempt with a past date (06 Mar 22) and the system does not can find the date.
    Report:
    A - No weather transition, just heavy cloud throughout the race.
    B - Fuel calculation for 30 laps (suggested) yet with 16 laps a refueling stop was necessary, which did not happen in 2 refueling attempts.

Refueling should only be available in allowed categories, in the current version you can do it with Karts and FUltimate for example, which is wrong. Probably other categories have this problem.

13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula USA all gens
    Applicable Settings: Race session with high (50+ C) track temperature
    Report: The F-USA tyres are too sensitive to high temperatures.

As soon as the track temp hits 50 C (which happens ALL THE TIME at some US tracks), the tyres overheat to 100 C across the board with no hope of fixing it through setup changes or driving style. The situation is the same with soft or hard tyres, makes no difference. At this point the car becomes undriveable, spins all the time in slow corners, and understeery in fast corners. The AI have no tyre wear or overheating so they will run rings around the player no matter how low you set the AI.

Basically the tyre temperature effects currently make many cars undriveable at high (50+ C) and low (10- C) temperatures, making "real" weather unusable in practice. This is magnified by the exaggerated road surface temperature, where even a cloudy day at 7 a.m. can see 40+ C track temperatures.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Car Used: Porsche Carrera Cup
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Car behaviour over the curbs and bumps; suspension/tyre model after wheel is back on the road produces very oscillatory response with very poor damping and strange rebound which makes car almost jumping.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car over the curbs and bumbs and observe car jumping like crazy.

This car is a "curb eater" in real life and should not have any of this problems. However currently even taking small amount of curb produces "jumping car".

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track
    : NA
    Car Used: NA
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer Rating System
    Report: I'm aware the rating system is beta but I want to provide feedback. Yesterday is the 3rd time I've had my rating go back to U and experience to Rookie. My stats are still all intact but I no longer can enter certain lobbies. Also, in lobbies other drivers still see me as a S17xx rating but I only see the U1702 and can only enter lobbies U1702 and below. The first 2 times my rating came back and hope it will again.

UPDATE: my S rating all came back yesterday afternoon, and now again today it's lost to U17xx.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  16. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Car Used: Porsche GT3
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Car behaviour over the curbs and bumps; suspension/tyre model after wheel is back on the road produces very oscillatory response with very poor damping and strange rebound which makes car almost jumping.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car over the curbs and bumbs and observe car jumping like crazy. I recommend Nordschleife; this car is barely drivable there. I have issued problems with suspension of this car year and something ago and still not fixed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Just to portray what I meant:

20220313214220_1.jpg

18. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

F3 301 is still broken, TC and ABS are enabled with values 0-60 and 0-100 ..
    Also, Ultima GTR cockpit position is still moved to the right on UW monitor

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know it has been reported before but with a bit more testing I can add that when you create a custom championship, no matter what cars or tracks and when you set different times for each session when you run the first race it will run each session at the time you set but for each of the remains rounds every session times defaults to whatever the race time is set at.

20. mrosenki

mrosenki New Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza Historic 1971 10k (no chicane)
    Car Used: Lola B2K00 Ford-Cosworth (tried with several other cars without luck)
    Applicable Settings: Test Day / Custom Event, Date Type Default Date 25/04/1971, Start Time 14:00, Accellaration 10x , Weather Slots 3, Overcast/Cloudy/Sunny, Wether progression 2x, Livetrack Preset: Default Progressing.
    I've tried changing all of these settings, none made it work.

Report: Game hangs on loading, around 10% into the loading bar. The loading bar text still animates, so the game is actually running, but it doesn't continue loading.

Steps to reproduce: Every track, including Monza Historic (with chicane) loads fine, except for this track which hangs on loading. CPU is at 25%, RAM at 26% usage.
    I've tried re-installing the game. Installing on a different hard drive. Uninstalling DLC and re-installing. Tried Deleting User folder. Also tested launching the game in Non-VR and VR.

PC Specs:
    CPU Intel i7 7700K @ 4.2 Ghz
    64GB RAM
    GTX 1080 Ti
    T300RS (also tried with Xbox One controller, no controllers connected)
    Logitech G29 pedals
    Oculus Rift CV1

Game Version:
    V1.3.4.0

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue, I hope you can help.
    As stated above, this only happens when trying to load Monza Historic 1971 10k (no chicane) in any mode.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022