1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grass is 'floating'

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jack Gore, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Jack Gore

Jack Gore New Member

Hiya everyone,
    I downloaded AMS2 through humble bundle on the weekend and I have been loving it! However, I am having one problem - when I am in track the grass will randomly start floating. I've noticed it only seems to do it nearer the end of the track so is it a software bug or is my hardware not up to scratch - my setup isn't much: 8gb ram laptop, ryzen 5 3500c cpu and radeon vega graphics.

Thanks,
    Jack

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dunno what it is you are seeing but there is (if I recall right) a setting in the graphics setup conserning exactly grass.

EDIT: Just checked - and my recall was right :D

Performance+driverSettings.jpg

3. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I don't think detailed grass setting equates to floating grass. :)

This sounds to like a glitch caused by your GPU; I went a bit far with my GPU OC previously and it caused some weird graphical anomalies. Maybe the laptop is getting pushed further than it is happy with.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I only notice this sometimes at the start of a TimeTrial, I believe I've seen it at Snetterton, but it only appears in the first few seconds.

• Like Like x 2