1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track Used:
    Cleveland GP (and quite a few other tracks)1
    Car Used: Mercedes GT3
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial. No issue in Test Day, same time of day and same graphical settings.
    Report: 10-20 FPS drops.

2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It'll be absolutely realistic once Knockhill is added to the tracks list ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track Used and Cars Used:
    any
    Applicable Settings: Online races
    Report: Multiple online races, I've been unable to all fuel using the ICM menu. I even set up the Pit Strategy prior to race but no go. Same with tires, sometimes it'll change them, sometimes not.

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track Used:
    Monza 1991
    Car Used: FClassic Gen 3 Model 1
    Applicable Settings: Drive with the default setup using race fuel
    Report: The car is constantly scraping the bottom, drives very strangely and snappily as a result. It is not possible to increase the rear ride height sufficiently to fix the problem as there is an upper limit. Requires excessive fiddling with bump stops etc. to even get the floor to stop dragging.

5. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Uno Classic B
    Report: Things to fix:
    - Cockpit camera positions (all)
    - Hand position on steering wheel
    - Driver foot position
    - Gear shifter is static (no animations)
    - Cockpit shift lights don't light up

I know this car is down on the list, but this is an ams root car, it has its value! =D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TechAde

TechAde New Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola
    Car Used: F309
    Applicable Settings: 9°C ambient temp
    Report: Even with 100% radiator oil & water temps climb until the engine blows. Everything was fine for first hour or so of practice session then suddenly I couldn't do 2 laps without the engine blowing. Increasing radiator to 100% didn't help. Bug carried through from practice to qualifying and race. Didn't affect everybody in the server, some finished the 25 minute race without any issues but at least 3 of us experienced the problem and retired from the race with blown engines. In qualifying I tried resetting setup to default but this didn't help.

We re-ran the race straight afterwards after restarting the (in-game) server with mechanical damage disabled. The bug was still present for some people (but not me, the host) with oil temps hitting over 150°C but at least the engines didn't die thanks to turning off mechanical damage.

7. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Until V.1.3.4.0, engine explosion was a problem exclusive to Karts (since launch), after this update, it was expanded to several classes randomly in online mode (FReiza, FClassic, P3, F3, among others even with 100% open radiator). Strangely with the V12 you have no damage with the radiator practically closed (10%~20%).

8. Cassini

Track & Layout Used: Donington
    Car Used: F309
    Applicable Settings: cars seem to intersect on another with no collisions for the first corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cassini

Player car sliding down the road at daytona before press "pilotar" button before the start of the race. (Chevette)

10. tuari

tuari New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1993 and Hockenheim 1977 (but should happen on any track)
    Car Used: Formula Classic G1 M1 at Spa / Lotus 79 at Hockenheim
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial Mode
    Report: Just a very minor thing, but I thought it might be interesting for you: In both cases I had completed time trial laps without engine damage. I then changed the setup in a way that caused an engine failure. So I went back to my previous setup, but at every attempt the engine still blew at the same track position as it did with the faulty setup. I just had to restart the time trial mode and the car worked fine again.

11. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: F1 V12 in the specific, but it happens with car
    Applicable Settings: cockpit cam VS "road" cam
    Report: Okay, this might seems crazy but hear me out :
    using the "road cam" - the one closer to the road, in 1st person if you wish - the physics was seemingly a lot better than driving with the normal cockpit cam. I went to watch the replay from the cockpit cam and turns out the steering wheel was rotating A LOT more than my inputs when driving the lap in the road cam. therefore, something is clearly going on here, I never heard a certain cam can cause that level of mismatching physics wise and visually, but turns out that is the case.
    Just try any car driving with the road cam and then watch the replay from inside the cockpit and look at the rotation of the steering wheel.

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Cascais, silverstone
    Car Used: FUSA Gen1
    Applicable Settings: single player race
    Report: Race does not load. Just hangs on loading screen. The car image disappears. Works OK with FUSA Gen2. also, fiddling with the grid size (number of cars instead of maximum) seemed to fix this.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Old issue of the Madness Engine, was also there in Project CARS 1 and 2.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Flying Starts (manual):
    When I stick to the speed limits in races with flying starts, AI tends to overtake before lights are green without getting penalties.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alex76

Alex76 Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Road America (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Mercedes GT3 (same with other cars with headlights)
    Applicable Settings: Night (There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in performance between having enhanced mirrors set to yes or no)
    Report: Huge performance impact from cars in mirrors at night.
    Steps to reproduce: Night race starting front of the grid with 20 AI, fps 45 fps ASW, performance headroom around -100%. Starting at the back of the grid 90fps, performance headroom around 0%.

Daytime doesn't have any noticeable performance difference between front and back, it.seems to be the headlights rendered in mirrors that are causing an approximately 50% performance hit.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  16. Donnchadh MacGarry

Donnchadh MacGarry Leprechaun Member AMS2 Club Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track & Car Used:
    Gol Classic B at Cascavel (But bug is independent of that)
    Applicable Settings: Online Race
    Report: Online race ending on different laps for different drivers.

I was in a 30 minute race yesterday with four other people, so 5 drivers in the race in total. There was no +1 extra lap setting used for the race.

I crossed the finish line when in P1 and 0:00 time remaining in the race. The time remaining in the race hit 0:00 a good twenty seconds before I got to the finish line, so it wasn't a last second thing. Crossing the finish line ended the race for me as expected with the Cool Down Lap message and Countdown Timer showing. Control of the car was taken away from me before I could even do a full cool down lap. The final standings from my POV said that I finished in P1 with a Total Time of 00:30:31.546 and that the other driver in P2 had a Total Time of 00:30:31.583. We were side by side when crossing the line, it was a very close battle, less than a tenth of a second between us.

However the driver I was battling with crossed the line in P2 and didn't get the race over messages. In fact, their race didn't end until they crossed the line on the next lap and then they got their race over messages (Cool Down Lap, countdown timer). Their final standings from their POV said that they finished in P1 with a Total Time of 00:31:54.794 and that I was in P4 with a DNF for the Total Time. Since laps took about 1 minute 23 seconds to complete, a finish time for P1 of 00:31:54.794 when no extra lap setting was used, makes no sense. It should have ended a lap earlier like it did for me.

All the drivers were on the same lap during the race, no one had lapped anyone else. It nearly felt like the drivers in the race were given different settings. For myself and one other driver, it was like we had a 30 minute race with no extra lap as the race setting. For the other three drivers it was like they had a 30 minute race +1 extra lap race setting.

I made a video of it, showing my POV and the other driver's POV displaying how the race ended on different laps for us. There is slighly more detail in the description of the video there, but what I said above is a good summary. Each POV starts from when there is 1 minute on the time remaining in the race, and goes until that driver see's their final standings.
    Video:

First picture is my POV of the final standings.
    upload_2022-3-28_16-5-46.png

Second picture is the final standings from the POV of the driver I was battling with (Loz Archer).
    upload_2022-3-28_16-7-59.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Donnchadh MacGarry

Donnchadh MacGarry Leprechaun Member AMS2 Club Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track & Car Used:
    Chevrolet Opala Stock Car 1986 at Kyalami 1976 (But bug is independent of that)
    Applicable Settings: Online Race
    Report: Online race ending on different laps for different drivers.

Incredibly I managed to replicate the issue I reported ealier in another race right away, and the scenario was very similar.

I was in a 20 minute race a few hours ago and there was no +1 extra lap setting used for the race. I (Donnchadh MacGarry) was battling another driver (Tim Masson) at the end of the race, where we are side by side coming up to the finish line with 0:00 time remaining in the race

Tim crossed the finish line when in P1 and the race ended for him as expected with the Cool Down Lap message and Countdown Timer showing. Control of the car was taken away from him before he could even do a full cool down lap, and in this case we wasn't taking it easy as I was telling him to keep racing. The final standings from his POV said that he finished in P1 with a Total Time of 00:21:18.632 and that I finished in P2 with a Total Time of 00:21:18.685. So there was less than a tenth between us as we corssed the line.

However I didn't get the race over messages when I crossed the line. In fact, my race didn't end until I crossed the line on the next lap and then I got the race over messages (Cool Down Lap, countdown timer). The final standings from my POV said that I finished in P1 with a Total Time of 00:22:50.478 and that Tim finished in P8 (last) with a DNF for the Total Time. Since laps took about 1 minute 30 seconds to complete, a finish time for P1 of 00:22:50.478 when no extra lap setting was used, makes no sense. It should have ended a lap earlier like it did for Tim. Everyone else also had to do the extra lap to end their race, it was only Tim whose race ended on the correct lap.

All the drivers were on the same lap during the race, no one had lapped anyone else. It nearly felt like the drivers in the race were given different settings. For Tim, it was like he had a 20 minute race with no extra lap as the race setting. For myself and the other drivers barring Tim, it was like we had a 20 minute race +1 extra lap race setting. Also I went back to check and neither myself nor Tim were local hosts of the race (it was another driver, Jari who was).

I know this is just me speculating, but I wonder if a close finish between P1 and P2 is causing an issue. Something less than a tenth of a second. It seems like this short time frame has caused confusion in the game server and it sends out conflicting messages to the drivers about if the race is over. In both this example and my previous example, the driver in P1 gets the race over message correctly, while the driver in P2 does not get it until they complete another lap. However there could also be other factors involved, but I have noticed this close finish between P1 and P2 occuring in both cases. (It also happened to me a few months ago, where I was battling a frined for the win and one of us got a race over message while the other one didn't. We were side by side a s well, but I can't remember if it was by less than a tenth of a second as my memory of that is a bit hazy). Assuming this close finish between P1 and P2 is causing the issue, the issue wouldn't be common right now as its not often that P1 and P2 finish with a tenth of each other. However with oval racing content planned in Racing USA Part 3 if I'm not mistaken, then the issue could arise much more since close finishes between P1 and P2 are much more common there.

Here is my video of this second example of the issue happening as outlined in this report:

First picture is of Tim's final standings
    [​IMG]

Second picture is of my final standings
    upload_2022-3-29_1-24-36.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track Daytona
    Car. all probably
    Session n/a
    report.
    No Yellow Flags

19. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Not applicable
    Car Used: Multiple
    Applicable Settings: Online racing
    Report:
    1. I know the Multiplayer Rating System is Beta, so here's feedback. It took 3-4 races to climb from S1720 to S1739, due to finishing 1 or 2nd against good competition. However, on the 5th race I got a message saying I have been disconnected from lobby and when I got out of lobby I dropped down to S1721. I was leading the race, zero contact or anything I'd consider would give a negative rating. I assume it counted it as a DNF, but I don't think it should, if anything it should default rating back to beginning of race.

2. Many cars still have random foggy mirrors, ex. BMW M8, Corvett C8R, Lancer RS and the Chevy Cruz Stock Car.

3. Many cars are over heating with radiators wide open 100%, ex. Porsche GT1

4. The Fuel mileage on the Rocco is way off. In an online race at Londrina Short, many of us ran out of gas. It was a 10 lap race, set fuel to 12 laps and ran out around 8-9 laps.

20. TechAde

TechAde New Member

But that would mean anybody having a bad race in which they're likely to lose rating could simply pull the plug on their internet and be back to as they were before the race.

• Agree Agree x 3