1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F usa physics change?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarkBLN, Apr 9, 2022.

1. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

Hey guys.

Tried the f usa gen2 when they were released and really liked them. Haven't gotten around to driving again until last night and they felt much less enjoyable to drive. Has there been any major changes to handling since release, a change to the default setup, or am I just imagining things?

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I had the same impression, but mainly with the Street Cars. At first I thougt is was because I had spend the last few weeks with ACC. Also noticed that it is now even easier to lock front brakes at rather slow speeds with 85% brake power and rearward brake bias on a lot of cars that did not had that issue before, like Porsche RSR 3.0.

Aso the bug with the Ultima GTR ride height indicates that some (global?) variables got changed that are not mentioned in changelog.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

F-USA all gens got new default setups with the 1.3.40 update. Might be that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They were changed a few weeks after release, reducing the tyre grip iirc and making the aero more yaw dependent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I reported ride height with video weeks ago in correct thread. its nothing to do with recent changes. As far as Im aware Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes they changed, no not by major changes. Most changes in AMS2 come by evolution not revolution.
    If you want to keep track of all the changes made to AMS2and thus the F-USA, you should follow the release logs. It's easier to respond to one small change than to a mix of all the changes.

I just tried the Formula-USA Gen2, for me it feels like I can keep more pressure on the front-wheels, resulting in slightly faster times, (for what it's worth, for me they feel less GT3 and more Winged-Open-wheeler)

I think this was the biggest change,
    Optimized internal FFB subroutines, removed some unused FFB script values & exposed static caster trail to FFB scripts

• Like Like x 1
  7. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

They went from being one of my favourite open wheel cars to something I didn't really enjoy. Maybe I need to look for setups and try again.

• Informative Informative x 1