1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive Jolt when hit by other cars!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by DoZZa, Jun 2, 2022.

1. DoZZa

DoZZa New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, I've progressed from hot lapping to actual racing and as such have never had experience with racing other cars.

Today I had a great race, but my SC2 Ultimate nearly broke my wrist! I don't drive with very high FFB set in game.
    AMS2 set to Deafault+
    Gain = 18
    FX = 10
    Other settings at 0.
    I also run most cars between 60 and 70% gain override.

I do have the True Drive strength at 100% though. Is there some type of setting that can reduce this jolt behaviour when hit by another car, I mean my wrist is still hurting as I type this , lol.

2. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hurt my hand last night too from trying to collect a slide. I run FFb at 70% in game, 70% in driver and 56% on car specific. I think it is just the peak forces are spiking to stupid levels when it shouldn't. Check out 10:45 in the video here. I think this is similar to what you say, just encountered in a different way..?

3. DoZZa

DoZZa New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that's pretty much what I am experiencing.

I am just trying the custom FFB file from the the thread on here. So far that seems to be far less of an issue when spinning or being hit by other cars. Not sure I find it better than the Default+ setting when it comes to actual driving though! I'll give it more time.

4. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

Max peak force output is determined by the Simucube driver. The easy solution is to use 100% in game FFB and 50% driver setting. This is the same effect as using 70% of 70% (=49%) but without the potentially dangerous spikes. Then tweak it per car.

But, at this point, there doesn't seem to be a reason to run an Ultimate instead of a Pro :whistle:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use 60%=15 Nm in driver and Default FFB 18/0/8/0/2 in game
    Cars 85-100%
    I have to hold the wheel tightly to catch the peaks, if I hold the wheel loosely during a collision with another rider or the wall, I run the risk of hurting occasionally. It seems to me that this is simulated fairly well.

6. Lukasz Milewski

Lukasz Milewski New Member

@DoZZa
    I run SC2 PRO myself and I fully agree it can be outright dangerous at times. Especially when you go sideways on the grass and hit tarmac, bye bye thumbs.
    My biggest issue is soft lock for the rotation of the wheel.
    Say you oversteer and the wheel goes in opposite lock as it should, but when it reaches the end of rotation it violently bounces back, then ffb pulls it back towards the opposite lock and bounce off the limit again. The end result is the wheel banging back and forth verry violently.
    It seems to be minimised in some of the custom ffb profiles so it's not like it could not be fixed.

7. atlee maynes

atlee maynes New Member

Have anyone found a fix for this issue?

8. Gary_S

Hey, for me i turned down force effect intensity in fanalab and also changed from the default+ to the default profile. It is much better now.

9. Gary_S

Actually, this video might be helpful to most looking for some good FFB settings without getting caught up in too much editing etc.