1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS 2 game loading

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jimortality, May 30, 2022.

1. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed this past week that my game seems to take longer to load from double click on desktop to being able to choose options. Now it's not a major issue as I'm quite a patient person but it did make me wonder. I timed it and it's like 1 minute 21 seconds from double click to options screen. I've moved it from my normal hard drive to my SSD and I think it's made it 9 seconds quicker. Is this normal, the reason I post is just in case my drives are failing but my pc is only a year old and I loaded Euro truck up and that took just over 30 seconds from double click to options. If everyone else's is like mine then fine but I've definitely noticed it this last week taking longer.

2. jimortality

Reiza Studio screen at start takes 65 seconds on both normal and beta. I've tried without mods and even moved to a new ssd. I use trackir and have -forcevr in steam but over a minute is quite a long time, what do think could be causing it?

3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

very recently I've been finding it takes exceedingly long to load this forum. I wonder if it is an internet infrastructure problem connecting to Brazil.

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I can gather, the forum is hosted in Europe. At the moment of the search, most precisely hosted in the Netherlands.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

well whatever it is it is still happening, sometimes taking much longer than a few seconds, it must be all the fact checkers to go through first :whistle:

6. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

forum load times and game load times have nothing todo with each other, u can even start the game without internet

the intro with the logos is just some time based stuff, not sure if stuff loads at that point already, if i remember correctly loading just starts once u see the reiza logo

7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Jim.
    Process to start is 36 seconds this end from pressing the Start icon
    beta in vid followed by main same result.
    Not sure how or why your time is so long.

8. jimortality

Yes I don't know, I'll try without -forcevr in steam to see if that makes a difference. Could it be custom ffb file?

9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Good Q but I only use ingame ffb files
    Worth trying without custom + I clear steam downlaod cache the other day though I doubt it has any effect on your issue

10. jimortality

Yeah still same for me and beta was 75 seconds so I don't know what's going on

11. jimortality

So interesting update to this issue, last night I started the game up to check why my real names file wasn't working but I didn't have my wheel, pedals or shifters plugged in and guess what?? the game loaded normally as in a few seconds. After further elimination, it is my wheel (TSPC Racer with SF1000 rim) that is the issue!!!! and I think more specifically the rim. I don't mind waiting for the game to load but I wonder what the rim is doing?

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Richard963

Richard963 Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a similar problem - The game takes much longer to load when my Thrustmaster T300 wheel is plugged in. The Reiza screen is visible for roughly twice as long. The T300 has the latest Thrustmaster software and firmware.

I've tried deleting the Automobilista 2 folder in Documents, but it doesn't solve the problem.

13. Richard963

Richard963 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster 2021_TTRS_4 - same.
    Reinstalled 2022_TTRS_1 - same

Reiza screen
    No wheel/pedals - 9 seconds
    Wheel - 20 seconds
    Pedals - 20 seconds
    Wheel and Pedals - 30 seconds

Before this week, I hadn't played Automobilista 2 for several months. Perhaps these load times are normal, but I think the Reiza screen used to be much faster.

• Informative Informative x 2