1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visible car body parts in rear view mirrors

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by valerio, Sep 8, 2022.

1. valerio

valerio New Member

Is there a way to see rear body, suspension, wheel and wing on the side mirror?
    This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

This is what I'd like to see:
    F1_2021_21.jpg

I have already tried the new mirror position in 1.4, and it makes no difference.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not currently, but hopefully it can be added some day. Might be an engine limitation tho.

3. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

camera has information which layers it can "see", your own car isnt included. its probably a 1second fix if someone bothered

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I don't like the "one second fix" argument, it's usually not as easy as it was in rFactor because there the engine was built with showing the own car in the mirror in mind and it was just a flag in an ini file. If the engine doesn't account for that it goes deeper.

For example you'd probably need to do a few things and invest some time to mount a sidecar to your motorbike, when on my grandfathers old BMW is was only a handful of screws and 15 minutes of work, because the bike itself already accounted for mounting the sidecar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MasterLooser

in all engines i know, u can make things 'disappear' by ignoring certain layers. i am pretty sure its the same here :)

heres a demonstration in unity (ofc all of that can be done through scripts, but i am pretty sure madness engine has an "editor" like unity)

left "screen" is the camera view, right "screen" is the editor space.
    all the objects constantly exist, i just add or remove them from a layer that is ignored by the camera's culling mask

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately not that easy (if done "properly"). I'm not deep enough into it that i would be able to explain it properly, but there are some hurdles.

7. MasterLooser

ye i did just look through it, hard to tell what i am looking at but i bet there's an easy way :D