1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just removed that from two skins and i THINK i just ran a race without any duplicates, i went through the 24 odd cars and couldnt see any next to each other as they were after quali. Fingers crossed it was that then! Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@john Ellis & Co... I thought I'd drop by and give you a little Christmas preset for the info you requested..

Here is a list of every custom Ai driver we currently have linked to their livery name. The GS link contains the following info:

Car
    Class
    Driver Name
    Country Code
    Livery Name

AMS2 - Ai Driver Reference DB (Public)

Please note there has been some recent changes to Group C, GT1, Formula Retro & Formula Classic..

all the best

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

NAMeS v2.8, which includes updated rosters for all vehicle classes, as well as a few minor fixes, is now available at RD. Feel free to use the files as a base if it speeds up any revisions on your end.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been trying to get a custom AI file running with a set of livery overrides for the CopaClassicB series. I get several duplicate car / driver combos every time. I've checked through the customAI xml file for errors and can find none. I've also checked through all the livery overrides folders to make sure the livery names are matched correctly. Everything looks good. Given that there are 5 different vehicle types in CopaClassicB, is there a known issue perhaps? Each vehicle type uses the same livery IDs (ID50, 51, 52, etc). Could this be why I'm sometimes seeing the same driver / car combo appearing on the grid twice?

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Special symbols on the livery and AI override files can cause duplicates, example being the "&" symbol, caused me a lot of headaches with the 1997 F1 liveries until a kind soul helped me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are six vehicles in Classics B class, Harry, not five; Chevette, Uno, Gol, Mini, Passat and Puma. The recent list from Coanda was missing the Mini and the livery name has dropped the 1965, so they're MINI Cooper S #99 and #122 (still with the BMW spelling) though that shouldn't affect custom livery files.
    Yes, the ID begins at 51 for each chassis.
    You might try getting the class working without the livery overrides first.

I have my field pared down to 32 cars and all's well with my custom names.

Happy New Year!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Harry H

Excellent info, as always :) Happy New Year to you as well!

8. Harry H

It turned out to be a similar issue. One livery had an ampersand. I changed that and now, no duplicates!

Thanks for the help Mazdaspeed!

9. Harry H

So now I'm encountering another issue: if I want to race only two vehicles from the CopaClassicsB class with custom AI, e.g. the Chevette and the Puma, it doesn't seem to be possible. I create a custom AI file with only those liveries, I choose the correct number of cars to race (same number or less than the number in my AI file) and the game picks a mix of all 6 vehicles in the class with default driver names for every car except the Chevette and the Puma. This seems to be a problem with both custom liveries as well as stock.

10. Donnyjuff

Donnyjuff New Member

Any idea on the wordings required to add the new tracks to custom AI files as track overrides?
    I noticed the spoiler on page 1 of this thread hasn't been updated to include them yet, and the logical variants I can think of (ie Jerez_1988, Jerez_Historic, or Jerez_Historic_1988) don't seem to work.
    Thanks in advance! :)

11. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Cascais_1988
    Jerez_GP1988

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Romeo Foxtrot

I haven't been able to duplicate this, Harry.

I've tried 2 cars from each chassis group, 12 opponents, and all the names are the correct custom names. I then tried six each from the Chevettes and Pumas with the same result, all the names are the correct custom names.

When I first saw your post I thought it might have been something to do with the issue we had when the F-USA cars first came out in that only custom names from one chassis would work but it seems not. All my attempts are working so far.

If you want to send me your default livery names file I'll have a look at it and see if I can find the issue.

13. Donnyjuff

Donnyjuff New Member

Lovely stuff

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Gian, do you know when we will get the templates for the cars recently added to the game?

• Like Like x 1
  15. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

what templates you mean?

16. Benisreallycool

Benisreallycool New Member

I need some help from the AI wizards, I am working on balancing the group c cars for a offline mod I'm working on, currently I have the Nissan, Vette, and Sauber all running within a tenth of each other around Watkins Glen.

To achieve this I have been using the race_skill and qualifying_skill parameters in the Group C.xml file. As of now I have kept race and qualifying skill the same and have been letting a field of 31 ai run 2-3 laps to see how they stack up. I have also kept all cars of the same make at the same skill for a larger representation and intend to go driver by driver after determining a base line.

Currently I have,
    Porsche at .99
    Mercedes at .88
    Corvette at .49
    Nissan at .64

Again these values are being used for both race and qualifying skill.

So while 3 of them are within a tenth the Porsche is still 1.2 seconds off best case scenario. I'm not into lowering the Corvette skill much more as eventually I feel like I'm going to get myself into a wonky situation.

I have tried using numbers above 1 for (1.5 to be exact) the Porsche and it appeared to have used the default values as the Porsche's where very slow after.

Any suggestions? Has anyone already accomplished my goal?

Attached Files:

17. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd probably just keep going lower with the Merc/Corvette/Nissan until they are all close to the Porsche. You can't go above 1 and below .49 isn't necessarily 'wonky' I don't think, just slower.

18. Harry H

That's a kind offer, much appreciated! I'll take another look and if I can't solve it I'll follow up with a pm.

19. Benisreallycool

Benisreallycool New Member

Oh man I'm starstruck Jusk has responded to me!

While what you say in theory is the solution in actuality it is not in my situation!

The problem becomes as I drop the skill I need to raise the AI difficulty, I have actually lowered them to .39 now and that's as low as I can go while keeping them competitive with me at 120 AI Difficulty. So if i go any lower I just walk away from the field and that's no fun for me!

Race online then you say!? Well I'm shy and like to live in racing history fantasy land!

Drive another car you say! Well the Corvette GTP is a top 5 car for me and I intend to drive it until AMS2 is ripped from my cold dead hands!

I got permission from the wonderful skinmakers to include their work in my little mod so I will upload it to racedepartment in a few if anyone would like to take a look!

20. Romeo Foxtrot

If it's the GTP you want to race then try mixing it up with the DPi and avoid the layouts where the DPi isn't able to match it. Messing with the driver skill level is very, very circuit dependent and you'll have to spend a lot of time changing it at various layouts (and make a note of the best skill levels for when you go back there).

At some layouts the P1 Hondas and Chevys will give you a good run. Try all the Silverstone layouts for an indication of how the landscape of the scoreboard changes with the track when using Group C, DPi and P1 classes together.