Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dusty926

Dusty926 Member

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used
    : Interlagos 1976
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: None in Particular
    Report: Wire fencing not collideable, cars clip right through it
    Steps to reproduce: Load Interlagos 1976, and drive into the wire fencing
    20230103205959_1.jpg

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Nissan Group C has the same rpm limit issue as the Nissan GT3. On the dash it red lines at I think it is 7k or 7.5k but the HUD shows it as around 8250rpm.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen New Member

Nope, it was for all cars that I tried at that session. It happened when using other audio device in game than the system default.

4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Ah ok, thats another bug then, there was a specific sound bug with the R89C.

5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello! I would like to describe my impressions of the FWD cars. It's not about making something bad for me, it's just my personal impressions and that Reiza might be able to improve or correct it. Tested with default and default+ and the standard settings of the cars, with a dd1 and about 12Nm forces. Example: Auto Copa Classic FL. Take this car and accelerate and shift in a straight line, it's all right. Do the same thing again but upshift when cornering and downshift when braking into corners. Every time you switch gears, the steering pulls briefly and violently to the other side. This behavior makes the car very unstable in corners and on curbs. beautiful evening

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is torque steer in the FWD cars--as there should be. It's not excessive if FFB is set properly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danielkart

Thanks for your answer. Yes, with low forces it is not or hardly noticeable. But when high forces are working (dds) it is very strong. But I am aware that there has to be a certain compromise. Anyway thank you;)

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I meant the torque-steer is not excessive relative to other forces (mechanical and aero) experienced in those or other cars. So if your FFB is optimized or balanced properly, there should not be an issue.

I would go so far as to say I always include at least one FWD rudimentary car in the mix of several wildly differing vehicles when I set my own FFB. I want settings that will work for every vehicle in the game, even though there is some small degree of compromise involved in that approach. The FWD cars feel so different to RWD, and most games and sims do such a horrible job with them, that they are worth including in a "FFB setting portfolio." Karts are another one...

9. Danielkart

Yes it really is. FWD cars are very bad in almost every simulation. In the meantime, however, I am very satisfied with my own files and appreciate having this opportunity. Greetings from Switzerland

10. Raf Nix

Raf Nix New Member

Version: -1.4.5.2 and any before
    Track & Layout Used: -any
    Car Used: -any
    Applicable Settings: -vr online joining hosted rooms
    Report: -milky, foggy cockpit rearview mirrors, sometimes blind
    -this effect does show up most of the time but not always
    Steps to reproduce: sunny and cloudy skies

Tried to adjust some graphic settings with no success whereas the HUD mirror works always even when cockpit mirrors are blind

11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This also happens on monitors... Had it happen in the wet as well...

The only way I've found to get rid of them is rejoin a lobby... But that doesn't work every time...

12. tuari

tuari New Member

Track & Layout Used: Jerez 1988
    Car Used: Formula Retro 3, Formula Classic 1
    Applicable Settings: Enhanced Mirror: On (unknown if important)
    Report: Cars disappear from both mirrors in the breaking zones of the start-finish-straight and of turn 12. Their shadows are still visible.

13. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Version: -1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: Monza 1988
    Car Used: -Nissan r390 GT-1
    Applicable Settings: -Test day & heavy rain
    Report: -wipers don’t function,
    Steps to reproduce: rain, any attempt to use wipers
    Not sure if this has been reported already. Did a quick test, & the wipers refused to work. Tried the Porsche 911 GT-1 same track/conditions, & they worked fine with this car, just not with the Nissan.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Version: -1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: Imola 2001
    Car Used: -Any
    Applicable Settings: -Test day, default Livetrack progression, medium cloud weather, 12:00 (Not tested with other settings)
    Report: -Track snows? Track wetness is "Snow", wets are applied by default, and the car's tires get white with visible snow particle effects. Physics not affected much? No visible snow on track, probably because snow isn't supposed to be in AMS2 currently
    Steps to reproduce: Go to Imola 2001, with the above settings.
    upload_2023-1-6_0-59-26.jpeg
    upload_2023-1-6_1-0-44.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dusty926

Dusty926 Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Buenos Aires No.12
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: None in Particular
    Report: Minor gap in mesh around, "entrada a los mixtos"
    Steps to reproduce: Take a car to that turn, preferably a very low ride height one, and observe the left edge of the track 1066890_20230105215317_1.jpg

16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: 1.4.5.2 or current release candidate.
    Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim 2001
    Car Used: Formula V12
    Applicable Settings: None...
    Report: Minor gap in mesh around Agip Kurve causing 2 crashes where the AI got sprung in the air..
    Steps to reproduce: Start a race and wait a few laps for a train to build up... When they bunch up under braking for Agip they squeezed into each other and into the ground...

This also seems to be related to the AI paths being too narrow... This also led to too many attempts by the AI to go around the outside into a chicane and then backing off...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have noticed the stutter issue when the AI pits, this is an old bug but seems to have returned after not being noticeable for a while. I believe it happens if you have the pit crew visible. It is happening in all my custom championships at every track in all weather conditions and with all cars.

It is a very significant stutter.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim (modern/GP)
    Car Used: Fast cars like GT1, Group C, Formula
    Applicable Settings: none
    Report: If the AI enters turn 1 two-wide, the AI driver on the inside makes a HUGE cut through the turn.
    Steps to reproduce: Start an AI racec with any difficulty and any aggression level

20230107013219_1.jpg

19. eilyrino

eilyrino New Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: AI on in race, must have AI ahead of you
    Report: Braking makes the car fly into the air
    Steps to reproduce: Start a race at Monza with ai at the back of the grid. When heavy braking into the first corner, or any corner after that when you're at basically top speed, provided you are behind an AI car your car will fly into the air. This seems to happen with any configuration of assists, and makes races with AI in this car virtually impossible. Also going up eau rouge at spa in this car seems to be impossible without randomly being spun around/flying into the air like this.

20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Not sure it has been reported yet, I searched the last few pages but couldn't find anything:
    Time Trial leaderboards seem to be bugged on a few tracks. For example on Road America for GT1 class it shows only Mercedes in the Top 10 but when I then check by car the Nissan and the Porsche have times that would put them in Top 10. Not all other cars are missing though, on the 2nd page there are Porsches and McLarens, just not the fastest times. Has been like that for quite a few other tracks as well, I didn't check other classes though.