1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In session questions

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Craig Cottam, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Craig Cottam

Craig Cottam New Member

Hi All, I've had the sim for about 2 days and have spent a bit of time familiarizing myself with a couple of tracks. I realise the game is in early release and not everything will be working yet, but:

1) Can I see working tire temperatures somewhere? The only place I have seen tire temps is in the advanced setup once you are in the pits but these always appear to show the initial settings.

2) Is there a way to view individual lap times with the sector splits? In the pits we are only shown the fastest lap as far as I can see.

Cheers.

2. KRoman47

KRoman47 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I also noticed when connecting to multiplayer that there's no race info in-game. Sometimes I forgot to look how many laps the race is and I can't find out once I'm on track - the only way is to disconnect and look in server menu before connecting. If I didn't overlook it.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Not yet, at least, not in numbers outside the pits. The tyre icons on the basic HUD go from blue through green to red to give you a general idea, but that's it for now. I'm sure a more advanced HUD will be added at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I was wondering the same thing so I fired up SIM Dashboard on my old android tablet and had a look at the tire temps. From what I've seen some cars' tires aren't set up properly yet, i.e. they stay cold and barely heat up at all.

Others however are set up already (though maybe not finished), but the temps I was reading got me thinking; even back in PCARS2 I was wondering if the temps are supposed to be tire core or surface temperatures. They only increase very slowly and stay much, much cooler than you'd expect based on real world data. (With working temps around 60-70 degrees Celsius, where 90-100+ would be closer to high-performance slicks in the real world, iirc.)

However, if anyone knows more about tire temps, feel free to add to this or correct my information. I'm in no way an expert when it comes to tires.

tl;dr if you have access to an external telemetry app that supports AMS2 you can get real-time data temps. Otherwise they're not available yet.

5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

tire temps go really fast down. Thats right.
    But you should also watch the date / season when you driving.
    If you set the current date to imola, you'll get 17 air and 21 track and your tire temps will decrease rapidly.
    If you use a summer date you'll get e.g. 35 air and 40 track and then tire temps should be ok.