Copying GSCE liveries into AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by LeGeNd-1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey everyone, I'm new here so go easy on me.

First of all I'm aware of the whole copyright issue and why the original AMS liveries were removed as a precaution. I won't be asking Reiza to put them back in the game. Also if you think this topic is off limits then I apologize and would understand if you lock the thread. :(

Having said that, I like the old look alike F1 liveries from GSCE better than the miscoloured AMS ones. I'm just wondering if it's possible to copy the liveries for all the Formula cars from GSCE to AMS? Do I just drag and drop the folders? Can I delete the stock AMS liveries and will the game keep working? How will this affect future updates concerning those cars? I don't plan to race online so game file mismatches won't be an issue (I think).

For this reason I haven't deleted GSCE off my computer, even though I already have AMS installed. If it's possible to copy I'll move the files and delete GSCE to save HDD space. If it's not possible I'll just keep both games but 20GB is quite an amount so I'd like to free it up if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi!
    You can copy all the .dds files you wish to AMS folder, just replace them and you're good to go. But i recommend that you save a backup file for all the changes you do, since it's possible to lose it when the game gets updated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the reply Thiago! Good to know the process is pretty straightforward. I was getting worried I need to tinker with some notepad files in addition to copying the livery files directly. I'm learning to mod little things in ISImotor (mainly FFB files), but cars and tracks still intimidate me :p Good advice as well regarding backup. I think I might try 1-2 liveries first, see how it goes when the next update drops, and move the rest if there are no major issues.