1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimHub Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leadbelly, Apr 2, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

You need to use a dashboard instead of an overlay for Oculus VR. You can then pin the dashboard window and it is borderless by default. It works, but it is a bit buggy, sometimes the dashboard contents do not appear if you have the pinned window scaled wrongly or at the wrong distance. Transparent windows are also not supported by Oculus yet so you have to pin it somewhere out of the way.

2. NuScorpii

3. Leadbelly

Leadbelly New Member

There is a vr dashboard you can download for simhub, maybe give it a try.

SimHub VR Dashboard

4. Baku

Baku Member

My bad. I should have write SimHub dashboard instead of overlay. Yet, as mentioned, there is a bottom border with dashboard. Picture attached. Do you know any way to pin the dashboard without it ?
    2020-05-11_21-35-43.jpg

I checked it while learning the simhub routine. Since the OVR toolkit is not implemented in Oculus SDK ( like fpsVR unfortunately ), i would not like to use it and prefer to run AMS2 within the Oculus.

Thx. There are probably other dashboards available. Again - the question how to make it to be pinned seamless remains to be open for me ?

5. NuScorpii

I think that's an Oculus window control so try from the home dash:
    Settings > Experiments > Hide Panel Controls

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Baku

Baku Member

Thanks a lot ! This is exactly what I was looking for. Never checked the experimental oculus stuff b4 ;)
    Time to check the simhub again.

7. Alan Bernardo

Alan Bernardo New Member

I'm VR using the Rift-S. I'm looking for a dashboard for AMB 2 that has only a track map, SIMHUB.

I've used some of the dashboards that have a track map included but the track map itself is very, very small and not very practical even when enlarged.

The default track map for AMB2 isn't bad, especially when it can be moved in the hud edit. But I'd rather have the full map all at once, instead of just the section one is on. A good map track, showing all the track, is good for learning a track and, once learned, being able to see one's position in relation to all the other cars on the track.

I have some map overlays with SIMHUB but they don't work with the Rift-S. Why don't the overlays work like dashboards do? Or, can one convert an overlay to a dashboard?

Thanks!

8. Baku

Baku Member

SimHub overlays are not a d3d graphic hook, it's a series of borderless windows, shown over the game. As for the RiftS, I could not find a tool to pin the overlay within the VR environment like it seems to be possible within the Steam with OVR toolkit. Looks like Oculus doesn't want to let the end users to play with the SDK. I hope it will be possible in the future to get those tools like OVR tool and fpsVR within Oculus - but ATM it is not.
    As a workaround in case you feel that you have to use the overlay, you might try to run AMS2 from steamVR and use something like OVR tool.
    On the other hand, you can change the overlay to run as dashboard in SimHub and pin in into VR scene within Oculus. To do so go into
    Dash Studio -> Overlays
    click on the overlay you'd like to run as a dashboard -> More -> Edit Dashboard
    In the opened editor click on "Dashboard" on the upper right
    Uncheck "Overlay Dash"
    File -> Save
    Close the dashboard editor window.
    The same overlay should apper on the dashboards list now ( you might have to restart the SimHub )
    Now you can run the dashboard in windowed mode and pin in in the Oculus dash.
    In case you are using the free SimSub version, I strongly recommend you to get the license. It is not expensive. Not only will it support the talented dev's work, it will let you get higher FPS in the dashboard - works much smoother than the free version - virtually real time.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  9. Baku

Baku Member

Is there a way to add the AMS2 kERS gauge for the SIMHUB dashboard ? Any ideas ?

10. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm afraid no, at this moment you can get ERSpercent but not ERSMax nor ERSStored.
    If you have SimHub installed, run AMS2 along any dashboard and then check "DataCorePlugin" at "Available properties".
    I'm learning how to create a dash but not as a high priority project.

11. Baku

Baku Member

@newtonpg I have figured it out with the [GameRawData.mBoostAmount]. It works for the gauge.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Baku

Baku Member

double post

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you share how to show it? Have some basic HUD's too (ie Pedals inputs, Radar). TIA

14. Baku

Baku Member

@sherpa25
    This is the HUD I have build. You may see a little blue kERS gauge.
    Still can not find any telemetry data on DRS, Traction Control and the ABS with AMS2.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Is this a dash or an overlay?
    That's a lot of info on such a small screen. I wonder if you will be able to read this all when you are racing

16. newtonpg

DRS, TC, ABS levels are not supported with AMS2 except ABS on/off
    Even at momentary functions.
    BTW nice dash! May I suggest split it into 2 pages?

17. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

I am experiencing some problems with simhub lately (it was working fine before and still works well with other sims): I have a dashboard running on a iPhone. When running the latest AMS2 version, the dashboard sometimes freezes (gear, speed, etc wont change) and sometimes even goes completely dark (almost if iPhone was sleeping). Suddenly, without me doing anything, everything goes back to normal. Really weird. While this happens, the shaker I have does not stop working. I wonder if anyone else experience this problem and manged to fix it.

I will try to troubleshoot my iPhone, the wi-fi etc, but it is interesting that this only happens on AMS2. I have the settings on AMS2 to share as PC2 and frequency is set to 1.

18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 just dumps telemetry data to shared memory and/or UDP.
    You should post that in SIMHUB discord. Maybe there is a problem with Simhubs data reader.
    Other Sims use other protocols. you cannot compare that directly.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. newtonpg

Long term SimHub user here. No problem with AMS2. But also no shaker...

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I couldn't race without Simhub any more, absolutely love it. I do wish I could get more info though, like ARB, KERS, DR'S, TC, ABS and lights on/off options on my dash.
    This is another area I have to rely on the community because as like pretty much everything to do with computers, I'm useless :(

• Funny Funny x 1