1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR, Vehicle Gauges, Animations, etc.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Darkmater, May 29, 2020.

1. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

I just purchased AMS2 and am enjoying the early access, but I have a few questions concerning what is going to be completed as the game enters release:

1) Will all non-digital gauges be implemented and animated in cars? I noticed that RPM is done, but pressure and temp for oil gauges, etc. seem to be static images on the dash. Also will the gauges be touched up to be more 3d with glass covers vs. current sprite texture look?

2) Will driver animations be corrected? In many vehicles the driver's gear shifting animation does not match the actual shiftier placement. Furthermore in some vehicles the drivers legs intersect the steering wheel.

3) Is there going to be more improvements to VR AA and sharpness? ASM2 seems to suffer still from project cars lack of visual clarity and cleaning looking resolution. It does seem better, but its not great still.

I mostly play racing games in VR (valve index), and this is a key subject for me as I am looking for the most immersive racing experience. The above are currently challenges for me and I want to know if this is just part of the EA state of the game, and will be addressed in the future. Additionally, if so to what degree.

Thanks.

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

They've already said drivers and positions are just placeholders at the moment. They'll be corrected but obviously aren't top priority right now.

As for VR detail, you really should take the time to read the VR thread. There are numerous tips and tricks in there for improving visuals, the most simple being to enable sharpening by editing your graphics config file:
    Code:
            <prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="0.000000" />

3. Twinz

Twinz Member

The sharpening tool fixed the clarity in VR on a CV1 for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

Apologies, I should have mentioned I am already using the VR ini sharpness filters, I used them extensively in pcars. Though I wish the clamp and bias had a much better description to understand what they are doing to adjust the sharpness.

Again AMS2 looks and performs better in VR vs. pcars 2. But was hoping for something with a bit more clarity and sharpness that is able to be achieved in the older assetto corsa from a VR perspective.

Appreciate the responses.