1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 console/cross play future

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Simmo99x, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I was wondering if Reiza might push AMS2 out onto console/cross platform play and Esports.
    Looking at the state of the current console sim games, i think Reiza could make an absolute killing across all platforms in the future???

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

IMHO it will be better for console players to keep stick with their GT Sports and Forzas... When Project Cars 2 was for free on xBox before some time, it was killing spree in multiplayer, becouse every child want to race with their ****ty controllers.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Assetto Corsa and PCars eventually went to console, and Competizione is on the way, so there's no reason AMS 2 couldn't, if Reiza want to expand to the console market. Whether they will or not remains to be seen. Perhaps they haven't even decided for themselves yet.

That's your fault for choosing crappy places to race. There are plenty of communities out there that provide clean, fair racing for those that want it. It has precisely nothing to do with whether it's on PC or console since public PC servers in most sims are just as much of a wreckfest as any other.

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please, never mix the 8 years old with the adult sim racers by doing cross platform..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

with a good reputation and balancing system 8 years old kids will never meet old farts ;)
    The problem in pCARS2 is, that many start a U1500 race or w/o any restriction for whatever reason and then wonder why there are so many idiots inside.
    If you play beginners level , you'll earn beginners level :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Come on guys, there are plenty of 'Adults' on console, and numerous who use a controller, some very, very quick with it too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. VFX Pro

Yes, but that's not the point... We're talking about spending an incredible amount of time and money to make it cross-platform... Reiza is too small of a team to split resources on something a handful of people would use... They need to pump out a lot more content as DLC/Season pass to allow them to grow and get stable. Which in turn, allows to add or polish features...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  8. Dynasty911

Dynasty911 New Member

Do you realize the console market is BIG, that would mean a possibility to add more money into the team, more money means more licenses, more DLC, more content.

9. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

It was the (My) point, I was referring to the 'Kids/controller' points, not the larger topic at hand...
    Regards that, only Reiza will know their finances and whether or not it's worth going into 'x' market. And the console market is generally much much larger than PC, then you can of course drill down into finer details such as how widespread is car simulation on console etc etc.

10. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

You are right. Good reputation system should solve it. When I starting lobby in pc2 higher than F grade, no one is connecting, and if so it was poorly populated race. I know there are lots of communities for races, but you know, I want to start game, switch to multiplayer and take a decent race. And gathering guys in some community for few hours in advance should solve it too, but it's way more time consuming, than learn circuit.

11. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Starting higher than U was just an example, GOOD reputation system was the point

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. VFX Pro

Yes, of all that is true, but you are missing the point of the thread. I never said they should not do console (they should), it's the cross-platform compatibility that is an insane request...(for numerous reasons).