1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you for all your effort
    i really appreciate what you do for this game

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Thanks man,

It's all for the **** of it :) Just having some hobby time fun.
    It will not be required for so much longer, I hope.

Reiza hopefully will start really kicking some real FFB ass soon :)

I'll post that alternative version with custom scrub in a bit.

Cheers

3. CycloZeb

take your time 1.2 is fine for the moment;)

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Update:

* Back in business: Custom scrub effect. It just feels better this way. @CycloZeb, this one's for you.

End of the line, I think. Cheers!

Custom ffb file attached "Silver Raw v1.8 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Personally I hope reiza don't change the ffb too much now , that small custom file you posted last night is perfect for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. CycloZeb

I don't have time to fully test but I drove a bit and the brakes are ok like on the 1.2 less violent vibrator than 1.2 it is also perfect, the forces look super balanced.
    great feeling again thank you
    for info i'm on ts pc racer 60/20/50

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

@NuScorpii,

This is ending for me.

I would like to say thank you for your work on specially the custom scrub effect(because I've used it directly in so many files) & the balance momentum you made. The last one was inspiring, in concept, and I respect you technically very highly because of both that & also your very methodological approach to working on these files & keeping logs. I know we don't agree at various levels, but I think you hugely deserve this, as I cannot only mention what I find bad or disagree to. You deserve huge kudos for your efforts here in general too. Also, again, some of our issues might arise from wrong perceptions and misunderstandings in these simple format posts & chats.

Your "heavy messing" files I am very sure are awesome, although I must admit I have not had enough time to try them out.

Maybe you're trying to make your stuff work for PC2 too, which would be great. I would not be there to disagree with you & I would def. hope you would make it work well, as that would be a huge contribution to that title. If it IS possible to make this stuff work for that title too, I have no doubt you would be one that could make it work. Also, IF you wanted to copy any stuff over to save time or there's anything you like from the files I've posted, you would be most welcome. No Issues at all. I don't expect you would, but just so you know.

Or maybe you're working on next level or other ways to enhance AMS2 in your "heavy messing" series or otherwise, which I will only aplaude too.

Anybody reading this and having not done so, I would recommend go and give the last one of the "heavy messing" series files a spin. In post 3 of this whole thread.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Great job, mate!! Very weel done!!! :) I hope you keep up with any new developments! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Everybody & including @NuScorpii of course,

Feel absolutely free, if you feel for it, to post updates with changes or modified versions or bits and pieces of any file I have ever posted here. I do like credits given, but hey, I'll live & I won't complaint on those things again.

I might do an odd update as well, if I just can't help it if there's something very obvious, but otherwise there will be no more.

It has been a true please to get to know all of you, if just a little, for a short period of time.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg just trying your v1.8 and it feels superb! Only tried the ultima gtr so far but it feels superbly balanced. Haven't delved into the code yet because i can't think of anything that needs changing!
    I will now drink 6 ales in your honour.
    EDIT: Just read this is possibly your final file, well to me this is the best one yet, and you know what they say, "finish on a high".
    Thanks for your work in making this sim even better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg Thanks for your hard work once again mate.
    I'm sure we gonna see you around, and the work you and Nus put together with all these files made AMS2 the best racesim atm in my opinion, regardless of how realistic it is.

All the best mate and see you soon hopefully for a V1.0file:rolleyes:
    I hope Reiza is following this thread as wello_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm gonna say it again....

Group hug? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Thanks for your work, the files are awesome. Hopefully the Automobilista 2 release version doesn't screw things up with them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg Thank you so much for your work on these files! Curious though: Why are you stepping away from them? I didn't think Reiza has made many changes to the FFB, or really plans to for the 1.0 release, but even if they do, I would think that only makes your expertise more valuable.

@NuScorpii Will you continue to develop the Heavy Messing series?

Thank you both for your work and contributions to the community.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Thanks Karsten. I think it is a shame you are stepping back, you've helped push what's possible with the FFB in AMS2 further and faster than anybody would reasonably expect. Some of your concepts I think will form the basis of most custom FFB files to come so I hope people will always give proper credit for those. The respect goes both ways. Some of the later enhancements you have made have been intriguing and can only be admired.

As you say we haven't always seen eye to eye but I agree that a lot of that is probably down to the communications format. I'm glad that we are in a better place at this point.

Thanks for the offer of using your concepts in PC2. However, it is hard to polish the turd that is PC2 FFB. Using the Fx_load to drive the road noise / texture is one idea that might work though, if so credit shall be there!

Best of luck in whatever you are turning your talents to next!

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks so much for all of you work man! You've done an amazing job to help take this sim to the very top in my opinion. Seriously man, my hat's off to you. Great job!

Just tried your final file... we need a "Drop the Mic" Emoji for this one. That's a heck of a way to make an exit my friend! :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks too to both of you, @Karsten Hvidberg and @NuScorpii! Your works truly transformed AMS2 handling since many previous builds. Now we hope you don't hang your hat too soon, @Karsten Hvidberg, we haven't seen v1.0 yet and who knows what it will entail ;). Nonetheless, as things are going, it's already amazing. Kudos bros!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Just tried 1.8 and it is superb. I can't see how Reiza could improve it. They should take inspiration from you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi me again LOL. What is your wheel and in game settings as I'm finding this FFB quite heavy but overall very good. Thanks.

20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Csw 2.5 It's in my sig down there. 75 ish 40 50. Worked right out of the box for me, although i might reduce the lightness under acceleration as some corners feel a bit floaty.