1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple screens not working.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by valrond, May 13, 2020.

1. valrond

valrond New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello. As the title says, I can't make my triples work (with that I mean to work with corrected perspective, in the triple screen config). I have been running these triples since 2011, and I have used them in nearly every racing sim there is: iRacing, AC, PC2, ACC, etc. And they work.

The problem is only one screen appears in the config, the center screen, side screens don't show unless I manually edit the config file, but despite this, I can't change the values, the don't save, and worst of all, they don't show during racing, it just renders it as a single screen.

I have tried everything I can image: run in window, full screen, with eyefinity activated, with eyefinity deactivated (in window mode), and nothing seems to work. I have deleted the config files, heck, I just uninstalled the game, delted the folder in Documents, reinstalled, and it still doesn't work.

The odd thing is that the first beta I tried, I think it was beta 5 or 6, it worked, but I hasn't worked any other time after that. I hadn't tried the game in a while, I hoped this was fixed, but it wasn't.

I have 3 screens and I can just use it as one big screen, which sucks.

2. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Copy the relevant config lines from PC2 over into the AMS2 config file. The menus are still WIP.

3. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's my issue... No matter how much I play around with settings, I can either get the top of the monitors to line up perfectly, or the bottom... Here's an example of the tops being perfect, with the image being more and more off as you progress downward along the bezels. AC, ACC, R3E, AM1, ATS, ETS, etc... All are perfect except for AM2 and PC2. WTH?

Photo - Google Photos

4. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Do you have three of the same monitors?

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd notice if mine are doing the same but I have a few less pixels vertically.

5. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the last update messed with the triple screen. I had it perfect before and now cannot adjust anymore. I ended up copying my settings file from PC2 and pasting into AMS2 folder. Then it worked. I am confident they will fix it in the next update.

6. eSTee3

Yeah, they're all identical (I even purchased them all at the same time). The only thing I can come up with is that the side screens need to be able to have a slightly different FOV (not currently possible)?

It just drives me nuts since I'm less than 2 feet from them and no other game (outside of AMS2 and PC2) I have, has any of this odd lining up of the images on the side screens.

7. eSTee3

Yep, tried that, but PC2 has the same issues. Must be how the game engine works with triples...

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have an issue in triple screen settings. It doesn't let you set the centre screen vertical offset, the setting is greyed out. I can set right and left, just not centre. Any pointers?

9. eSTee3

You can play with the triplescreensettings.xml file, but it doesn't do anything for this game, or PC2.

10. Shaykz

Shaykz New Member

i have exactly the same problem.
    i can't get triple working, nothing seems saving the triplescreensettings.xml, if i edit it manualy, the 3 screens are there, but when i change the value nothing works, nothing save...

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Do set the resolution to 7680x1440 or 5760x1080?

12. valrond

valrond New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sooo, time has passed, version 1.0 has launched, and AMS2 is still the only racing sim that doesn't do triple screens, and I own them all.

13. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

No issue here, although I do have to edit the config file to set the correct distance from centre screen. Once that it set, and the correct field of view is set, it's all good.
    It'd say it's something in your setup that the game doesn't like - are you able to message someone in support directly?

14. Scoops

Scoops Member

Fine for me too ?

15. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing I noticed was when you go to trile screen settings in the options, I could only see centre screen and the triple screen was already ticked. I had to untick and tick again for the side screens to come up. Set something in these settings and then come out of the game before looking in mydocuments folder and making changes. Only after doing this could I get triples to run and set a proper FOV.
    It is frustrating that in these times of VR and all things awesome we still don't have an easy UI for triples..Raceroom is just as bad.

16. Shaykz

Shaykz New Member

it's 7680*1440

Nothing happen when i click on triple ticked and untick and re-tick ..

In addition, when I change the numbers in the configuration file, when launching the game, these numbers are not transposed to in game triple parameters, they are all set to 0. After when i close the game and reopen the config file, all my numbers are back to original file...

17. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Hi look here
    [Triple Screen]

@note2ybk explains and helped align my monitors.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Really... do you want to point me out on that? :eek:
    Lol. Better put your energie in other things.. :D

19. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I'm not sure the triple-screen configuration menu is properly functioning yet. If you make changes to the config file, DON'T go back into the config screen as it will just wipe out your settings. For now, alter the config file to set up your triple screen settings.

Alternatively, for now, if you have PC2, you can configure your settings there and just copy the relevant lines from that config file to AMS2's config file.

20. Bull Shark

I do not encounter any problems with the triple setup..
    Perhaps it is because I use the triple screen config file from the beta.