1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaderboards have been reset - see you in the top ten!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 2, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Time trial here we come!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People combining alien skill, setup abuse, car abuse and track limit abuse win !

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget exploits so Reiza ca fix them for the greater good, hehe

4. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

What is "setup abuse"? Care to elaborate?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What exploits? Details please... so we can report and track those fixes.

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know any exploits. Perhaps other do or by accident. So their times are superfast. Reiza can load ghost and data and see what's wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know there were some issues before, such as the hard tyre bug on the Sigma P1 (which made it much faster than the soft slick). Hopefully they are fixed now.

But... some people are just quick. The whinging here sounds like excuse making.

Sometimes I would try out a new track/car combo and be miles off the pace. By loading in the ghost of someone a bit quicker than me, I was able to learn better lines and braking points and improve greatly. Repeat with a slightly faster ghosts each time and by the end of the session generally I would have taken a few seconds off my best and be up the pointy end.

You can put in the time to improve or you can just cry foul at anyone quicker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Richard Harris

Richard Harris Scrench

Well I put in hours as well trying to set records, even held the #1 spot at some tracks with some cars for a few days until the aliens landed again. But even though all of my times were wiped out, I'm not going to complain about it, because with every updated beta release something was always different that could improve or worsen your times. At least now, we are all on the same ballfield so no one can say any particular update was an advantage, and since you can load the car settings of the #1 guy into your car, It's all about your skill, period.

Is IS frustrating to chase a ghost car and NEVER catch it, leaving you scratching your head wondering how the hell did he do that? Even when it's obvious what he is doing, but you can't do it. Personally, I realize that I've never had any proper racing training, but I like the game so much that I have decided to start learning the right skills to get better. My problem, I'm a chronic Overdriver. If you don't know what that means, you might need some lessons, too.

And BTW, not only are some people just faster (more skilled) than others, but some track layouts may better suite you than others. Like I said, I could set the World Record on one track, then go to another one, and be lucky to get in the top 20 because the track didn't match my style, and I'm worse at certain turn configurations than others. Then you have guys that have the skills and the track doesn't matter, they will always be fast.

Look at real F1 for example. Right now there is only 1 guy who you know is probably going to win every race (same in Schumacher's time), and 2 or 3 others with a chance, but the rest of the pack will NEVER be as fast as those guys. Kind of disheartening really, and that's why I wish they all had to race the exact same car so we could see if it's talent, or technology. And when someone gets the advantage of both, it's game over.

• Like Like x 4
  10. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

Time trial does not work?
    on certain circuits it does not memorize times.
    it's really not a 1.0 the f1 on 2 tire ranges the TT does not work

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I'm reminded that while TT is a great mode to extend yourself, back in the day of Grand Prix Legends the best laps were done by a hot lap hero using a game pad and not a wheel and pedals. I'm kind of thinking something similar is happening given the fastest setups don't bear any relation to even being able to drive in a straight line. I like TT, but I'm not thinking I can do a half reasonable time with my G29 especially if I'm actually sober as well!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

That is so true. I can set decent times in Bathurst, Brands Hatch or Imola but when it comes to, as example, Interlagos......man, I suck. I can not even get one lap done that would be even considered close to decent. :rolleyes:

13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Same here:)

:(
    Same here especially Monaco This track is just 1 of a kind. imo
    Been watching f1 for 35 plus years. This 1 takes a very special talent to be fast. To pass cars on, to take a win! well all I can say is Blimey, precision, talent and big kahones. Regardless of sim super slow for me! I prefer dancing the car around flat out in long fast corners or at least trying to!

ref TT Default times for me are a good place to start if I can learn the car and what it wants/does not want to do, then when it I comes to setup changes I can better understand what the effect/difference is. Improved my default Imola Brabham time by 2 secs today from yesterday.
    Mostly from listening to the motor on throttle reduction to throttle fully off. (Theres a slight lag to when engine braking has full effect and can help turn in to slow corners) a sniff of throttle and it wont happen, aside from learning the track more

I run a g29 on a rickety unstable rig. dont underestimate what it and you can do. I Mostly drive with rum cocktail:).
    best of all its great fun learning:D

• Like Like x 3
  14. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

"Rum Cocktail" :eek:

15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its hard to catch aliens. Most of the fun is just learning how not to lose that much time to them. Lol