1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is on-line racing qualification always force other cars to be ghosts?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was pissed off that the cars in front of me were too slow badly impacting my time UNTIL the idiot in front of me slammed the brakes and his car became a ghost, so I can drive right through it...

1. Is that something that happens for all cars in all qualification sessions?
    2. Why are there no "messages/warning" informing everyone when there is a ghosting option or where the hosting server might have a "ghost" setting mode turned on...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I think it has to do with speed. If the car in front of you is getting very slow it becomes a ghost and you can drive through. You have the same in Pitlane where you can drive through other (standing or slow moving) cars.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Doesn't happen all the time. I drove into the back of someone going slowly down a straight, as I thought they would ghost but they didn't.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish someone would explain the reasons and when cars become ghosted. I also wish qualifications would always be ghosting everyone else or remove all other drivers, so the track is perfectly open for the fastest time possible.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

I had notice that too. But i also noticed that only happen when you still don't open a lap. If you leave the pit and try to hit other car it will be like ghost. As soon you open an official lap time, the cars are no long ghost anymore. Its really annoing actually.

I do preffer a solo quali or that everybody became ghosts. Its way too easy to someone ruin your lap time that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Qualifying in traffic is kind of a nightmare. Especially as the session is pretty short. I feel like you might have 1, maybe 2 good chances to set a good time given that you start off with cold tires and brakes. If you get traffic you just have to hope for the best...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scoops

Scoops Member

Ghosting for me would be wrong as managing the traffic is part of quali in my view?

Perhaps an option to toggle this so a large grid and a short quali time you could have it on and for a challenge have it off?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I can see it being a realistic part of the challenge with an hour long qualifying session. If we're given 5-15 minutes, and everyone is really there to race, I think it should at least an option to turn it off. I dont want to spend an entire race weekend participating in a single race. Give me a 10 minute qualifying session with ghosting and we can all move along with our session.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I had posted this on the Steam forums, but I'll share it here:

10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with Scoops. A server admin option would be useful. I personally don't like any of that artificial ghosting nonsense..