1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degrading performances in VR. Starts fine, ends bad

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by keem85, Jul 19, 2020.

1. keem85

keem85 New Member

Been having performance issues since day one. The sim starts fine, but after 15 minutes(ish) around the track, the framerate starts to dip.. Even worse if I end the race and starts a new race, it lags really bad... I have to quit the game entirely and boot it up again to make it smooth..

Anyone else with this issue?
    Rift s with steamvr
    8770k@5ghz
    32gb ddr4
    Win10prox64 latest
    1080ti

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

First, why you are using SteamVR and not the Oculus version? possibly one of your device need SteamVR instead? You will have less performance using SteamVR than using Oculus versionwith your Rift S, but you probably know that...
    Second : Overheating and throttling? You should monitor temps of your CPU and GPU. As is, it seems one or both overheat after a while and go in secure mode.
    Third : Check all your USB devices in the Device Manager of Windows. If you see one is set to be automatically turned off to save power, untick it. This power save feature happen after around 15/20 minutes, you should remove this feature.

3. Al666

Al666 New Member

In VR the best Performance i get with Steam VR Resolution to 44% (for Reverb G2)
    and im AMS2 in the Options i set Shadows "off"
    I Dont miss the Shadows at all.. and the Performance Boost ist fine, stable 90 FPS
    Cheers, Al