1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track drying logic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by alink, Jul 26, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How is the track drying logic?
    1st:
    I always wonder how the track transformed from wet to dry (when no longer raining) when watching replay.
    When starting to watch instant replay the track is wet, after watching the track is (more or less, sometimes completely) dry. This must be jinxed!

2nd:
    Is the drying process a defined progress or is it depending on how many cars are driving, sun and temperature impact and other influences?

2. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

This...

3. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The "other influences" include how accelerated the weather is. Use real time weather progression to get realistic rates of drying

4. alink

OK, but when pressing 'ESC' for watching instant replay, the session timing (game time) is stopped. To continue timing, either 'resume' or 'go back to pit'. That's the strange, the track is drying up when timing is stopped!
    Maybe, if you use real time weather progression you won't realize it but with a factor of 10x or 15x there's definitely something going wrong. It seems, that in background the weather progress doesn't stop with session time.

5. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah I see - you did mention the instant replay in your first post but I didn't realize you were specifically asking about weather progression in these specific circumstances. I've never used the instant replay during chaging weather conditions - I'll have to try it and see if I get the same issue.

6. alink

Yes, my asking is about what happens during replay, why is track drying up....