1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm not saying it should never happen but at the moment in my opinion they are far to frequent , considering there are ten or more weather conditions available I nearly always get a thunderstorm !
    Don't get me wrong they look fantastic but for me they definitely spoil a race and the immersion .

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's very simple--look at the range of weather options. They appear randomly; that is, with equal chance over time. Now think about the real weather and what proportion of time is occupied by each weather type in the game. They do not match...at all. So, as has been discussed many times already, the ability to delete certain weather types from the randomization and/or even better, an apportioning system that reflects something closer to reality, is needed. There are entire threads on this topic already :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not so much a new feature but I would like to see some of the clouds fixed. Some of them look low res and cartoony.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.2.1
    Request Title: Ability to change name in game
    Description: When I heard the game was based on the Madness engine, I didn't realise it would have this horrible 'quirk' in it - the driver name in game always matching your Steam profile ID is really frustrating and really immersion breaking in all the menus. When other drivers are [First Name][Last Name] format, having 'uniqueid33' as a driver name looks silly. The GTR2 and AMS1 leagues I used to be part of mandated full names in game, I'm disappointed to see that this isn't even an option
    Benefits: All (SP mode fits alongside the AI names better, MP mode allows greater transparency with real names)

(unless this is just something I haven't figured out)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

You agree then Mark it would benefit the SIM to be able to exclude certain weather conditions ?
    I'm sorry but I couldn't find other threads relating to this topic specifically .

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, many people have requested that. I also prefer "random" weather that isn't mathematically random, but biased toward the real-world weather of the track region. So more rain possibility for Silverstone than a track in a desert, or, no cold and snow at a track in the tropics :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i wrote a similiar weather slot based system for ACC that would randomly pick a weather and adjust itself to the sessions, so if u had 4 slots, 25% in the race the 2. slot would happen etc.
    i noticed that full randomness does not work very well, and as u said it causes alot of rain, so i implemented a bit of biased weights, which kinda tuned the rain chance down, but the chance for rain was still there.

which worked alot better than what ams2 currently offers, i have pm'd renato multiple times to give him suggestions regarding multiple features but i never get an answer :D

8. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes that sounds like an excellent solution , Hopefully Renato will give it some consideration .

9. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Request Title: Variable volume of tire slip sound as slip angle increases
    Description: It seems currently in the game, the tire slip sound is like an ON/OFF switch. Where you get a loud wail when the car encounters some slip angle. It feels very unrealistic compared to real life. Would be it be possible to impliment a sliding tire slip volume scale that increases with volume as the slip angle in the tires increase. IRL there is more of a volume and pitch change as the tires are pushed through the slip angle. Even if we can't change pitch of the sound produced, it would be amazing if the volume could be increased gradually as the slip angle on the tires are increased.
    Benefits: More realistic audio feedback to how the tires are reacting as they are being slid.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: AI performance depending on weather and time
    Description: The performance of AI should be depending on weather and time influences. That means, in (heavy) rain the visibility is poor, therefore a human is driving slower, brakes earlier and so on. The same in fog or night the visibilitiy is limited and it's not possible to drive as fast as on sunny conditions.
    Benefits: Makes the AI more human and more real

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

+1 this, AI is capable of driving fullspeed on completly black tracks in the middle of the night when i cant even see the white lines on the road xD

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Ssshhhhttt......don't tell anybody .....but....the AI was supplied with night vision goggles from the Brazilian Military :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. alink

Request Title: Random weather with setable rain probability
    Description: If using random weather the probability of rain is nearly 90%, it seems that AMS / Reiza loves rain! (Me too, but sometimes I'd like to drive in dry).
    For random weather it should be possible to set the rain probability.
    Benefits: Random weather is more challenging because of unexpected weather conditions but with setting the probability of rain you can get more realism (you can set it to the actual months' average rain probability, for example)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  14. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I think that happens because majority of the weather options (slots) in the game are some sort of wet or wet with fog slots. I think the best way to fix this would be to do some sort of weighted weather slot system, where are there are more dry slots put in the same pool as the wet slots to counter the larger number of different wet slots. This way the random weather generator would have a better chance of picking a dry slot. Thus increasing the probability it "might" actually be a dry race.

15. Violet

Violet New Member

I bought ledlc from Sylverstone and I find that there is a lack of consistency between the arrival of the f1 of 1969 and the arrival of the circuitd of Sylverstone, there is the historical version of 1975 but not the one before or there was not the chicane, I hope there will be an update :cool:

https://www.statsf1.com/fr/circuit-silverstone.aspx :hurrayreiza:

16. alink

Just wait for the next update, there you will get what you want :whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

spoiler alert ? :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Use the pit in board to show current lap, position and distance to drivers in front and behind you.

Description: This was a feature in Grand Prix Legends. Every lap when the player passes the finish line , he/she is shown a pit board with information regarding (previous) lap time etc.
    In the HUD options, allow disabling any other HUD elements.

Benefits: Authenticity and simplicity for retro F1 racing. Also warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia.

(No, this is not a joke!) :oops:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

And at the end of the race Stirling Moss will light your cigar..... :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. alink

And visible not only with HUD turned on (as actual).
    I'd requested this feature in EA already.
    The same with flag marshals, same working as in GPL, oh, that was cooooool. At Nurburgring, I knew every position of the flag marshals and looked for them to see which flag they kept or if everything was clear - good old times

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1