What could be causing this? (Assistance needed)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Will Mazeo, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    As you can see the wheel is moving to this position when you do a pit stop (all 4). On most cars it will go back to normal when the car go back to the ground, but on some the wheel will keep this strange position and you can't drive again.
    It's the same physic we used in SCE and it never happened there so I wonder what changed in AMS to cause this? Need some urgent help here please. Yes I know @Renato Simioni is not supposed to support mods but please, give us a hint =/

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No idea unfortunately, not something I´ve come accross. Is it only a graphical issue or does the suspension actually collapses? If it is the latter you should check the suspension geometry & rates, something is going beyond reasonable constraints.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Suspension colapse on some cars, the wheel stay in that position and you can't drive anymore. It's just strange because this didn't happen in SCE and it's the same physic. Only happens in pit stop.
    Not enough knowledge to fix that, hope we can bring our physics guy back otherwise we'll have to remove some cars from the mod :S
    Thank you very much for answering

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The engine can take quite a bit of pushing, doesn´t mean the physics are always adding up :) During a pitstop the car is lifted and the wheels unload and droop, so it might be the suspension rebound travel is not compatible with its geometry, or maybe they add up to too much unsprung mass. It´s hard to guess really. I´d suggest plugging physics from some other car which works and then work your way back to where you were bit by bit to try isolate where it´s going wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will Mazeo

I managed to reduce the problem with the CorrectedInnerSuspHeight setting, the wheels are still moving when the car is lifted but less than before so when the car is back on the ground the wheels stay on normal position. Temporary fix, not happy with the wheels moving that way because it looks like a random colapse may still happen, but better than nothing.
    Hopefully our physic guy is working on the new physics, he was learning a lot with stuff done by you we could find, your stuff pure piece of art man!
    Thank you very much for answering :):):):):)

6. Luca

Luca New Member

Hi Will, I think that your team work on EEC GT3 MOD is simple stunning and the results are awesome; every single car is a joy to look at (I can't stop to watch races with external camera).

Do you think to release a Skinpack or two (maybe Blancpain or Porsche Super Cup to name something) ?

Many thanks.
    Luca.

7. Will Mazeo

One of our members said he'll convert the SCE skin packs to AMS, other 2 members are painting the PWC 2016 season and Italian GT (I think) 2016 too. No idea about other real life series. This time the focus was only on the base mod, people will have to put some work into it too ;)

8. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

is ilu back?

9. Will Mazeo

No :( but there is some time we don't talk so I don't know if he is working on the physics or not.
    He did an Aston Martin that was getting very nice, it was using tires from Renato (the one you can find in the Porsche x Ferrari mod) great FFB with that tire :eek:
    Too bad we didn't manage to get someone to continue his work when he left.