1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to view VR on the monitor as well?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dee Bee, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Dee Bee

Dee Bee New Member

Hey Guys,

maybe its a noob question but how do i also view gameplay on monitor while in vr?

Thanks

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

That should just happen by default. Does AMS 2 have a key to disable monitor view? I can't remember, but if it does maybe you've pressed it by mistake?

3. Dee Bee

Dee Bee New Member

I have no idea , but for me the monitor is black , just curious how to turn it on. Is this within the game or in oculus settings?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

In some games/sims (like RaceRoom) it's an bindable option in the menus. However, I've just checked and AMS 2 does not have this option. So I'm afraid I don't know why it isn't displaying on your monitor. It always has for me... it's how I capture VR gameplay videos.

5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i would google for a tweak to shut monitor view off.
    Some guys ask for that function as they think this would get theme a few frames more.
    Maybe you tweaked it and forgot about it.

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience both in Project Cars 2 and Automobilista 2, the monitor shows the menus using regular desktop view, and then switches to showing the left eye view of my headset as soon as I enter the car in the pits or in a race. I run the game in window mode and not fullscreen, if that makes any difference? (SteamVR and Pimax headset)

7. dburne

dburne New Member

Yeah running Rift S here and the view displays on my monitor by default.