1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - Cars Spinning Into Corners - Brake Issue?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rodders, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

Just getting into AMS2 properly recently and noticed issues where everyone was starting to spin into corners all the time after a lap in a car that felt fine just previously. After more play I think the problem might be the brakes?

The vids below are AMS1 and AMS2 - Super V8 at Spielberg.

Notice how quick the brake temps rise and drop in AMS2 compared to AMS1. This was brake duct 8 in AMS1 and 80/80 front rear in AMS2. There is only 1 duct setting which does all ducts in AMS1 (note rear brakes stay hotter in AMS1, I'd guess because the game auto balances them front to rear?). Brake balance was the same in both games (64/36 if I recall).

This happens on all tin top cars I checked in AMS2 (didn't try formula ones) but seems to affect spinning into corners some more than others. Group A and Super V8 particularly badly, Ginetta GT4 quite badly too.

After a lap or 2 the heat build up seems to cause the front brakes to lose power as they overheat and the rears still have OK brake power and it's like moving the brake bias to the rear suddenly near the end of the braking zone, leading to a spin. You can mitigate it slightly by opening the brake ducts fully but it'll likely come back eventually and isn't much use for cars without a brake duct setting. You can further mitigate by opening the front ducts a lot more than the rear but it'll still end up causing problems eventually and generally ruins the balance of the cars into corners.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. James Singleton

James Singleton New Member

I second the above. The cars feel fine for the first couple of laps and then becomes extremely difficult to control under braking. The ramp up in front brake temps seems extreme and have not seen brake temps behave in this way before.

I feel like this is a recent issue as have done a considerable amount of time in AmS2 and have only just started experiencing this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol please ignore the “da fuq” pic in the top left of the video. Not meant specifically for this issue and is my Google account avatar.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I agree, same issue last night at Spielberg in the group A in the downhill right hander, first lap or two is fine then it just wants to swap ends. The only way I could stop it from doing so was to drop brake pressure to 80 and then brake 50 metres earlier in a dead straight line and then not drop into second gear until I was at a very slow speed and almost around the corner.

5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

The issue always existed for, as example, the P1 class. Lowering brake pressure to something like 82% and brake ducts to 60/40 will help. Of course, not slamming on the brakes helps too :p