1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRS

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BartZ, Oct 4, 2020.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I doing something wrong or is DRS not active on AM2 yet? I had a race with Formula Reiza and could not activate DRS at all.
    Thank you

Edit: Race was at Kyalami and many times I was less then 1 second from car in front. ​

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  2. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I have been able to use DRS in races, not sure if it was in Formula Reiza though, sometimes it does seem like it isn't active in race at all. I get the feeling this probably has more to do with the specific track than the cars, if they don't have DRS zones programmed I guess it is off. I'm pretty sure Silverstone DRS functions in race.

Both my brother and I have noticed some instances where (K)ERS and DRS deployment haven't seemed to work.

3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did some more testing. It works at Red Bull Ring, Montreal and Suzuka for F Reiza. Possibly few other too. So I guess you're right, it works on tracks where DRS zones have been programmed in. On a positive note I like how one can't use DRS for first two laps same as IRL.

Weirdly, P1's (or P2's / P3's can't remember now) can deploy DRS anywhere anytime.

4. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

P1s can use DRS everywhere due to the regulations of the championship they race at.