4th monitor WITHOUT nvidia surround

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RolandOfDongworth, Jun 17, 2022.

1. RolandOfDongworth

RolandOfDongworth New Member

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get a 4th monitor (for telemetry and whatnot) setup without using nvidia surround (reasoning listed below). What I've found consistently between 2 different machines, is that triples will work just fine as long as the 4th monitor is disabled, but as soon as you enable the 4th screen and load up AMS2, it'll go only center/single screen every time, and the triple screen configuration menu has been reset.

My issue with surround is that while you're using it, NIS (image scaling) isn't supported in that mode, so you can't take advantage of any performance gains it has to offer.

Thx!

2. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I have triples with NVIDIA Surround plus an independent monitor working fine. The tricky bit for me was the order in which I had to set things up.

Hooking up a 4th display to an existing triple setup did not work for me as the newly added display could not be detected. I had to reset everything, and start all over with the 4 independent displays. From there, just configure Surround for the triples.