About tires

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wuffels, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wuffels

Wuffels New Member

Hi,

I started playing AMS2 a lot since a few weeks, and having a blast doing so. I have the most fun with the Formula Reiza cars and some other open wheelers. But I have a few questions about how the tires work:

1. I'm trying the follow the rule of I/M/O temp difference of ~5-10°C on front and ~3-5°C on rear. For me it takes almost always maximum camber or sometimes isn't even reachable. Am I even following the right rules for those open wheelers?

2. On Formula Reiza Cars, every dry tire looks like soft compound, feels like soft compound and wears like soft compound. I don't have differences in laptime and lifetime. Is there a bug or is it me? Few weeks ago, when I tried Ultimate Gen2, I could feel a big difference between tire compounds. But meanwhile, I don't feel a difference between them, too, even tho at least they look different (red, yellow, white)

Edit: Posted this in the wrong section. Should belong to "Automobilista 2 - General Discussion"

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I have a question of my own:

On classic F1 cars that use the nomenclature "CDE" (or any other letter... can't remember exactly), what is the harder and softer tire compound?

Actually I don't care anymore about this rule and use to change the camber to help with the car behavior overall or at a specific critical sector or corner. The only thing that I care is to set the tire pressure in a way that the M is half way from I to O when the tires are warmed.

3. Wuffels

Wuffels New Member

First, thank you for your reply.
    I haven't tested the tires of Formula Classic cars yet, but as far as I know they are "BCD", where D is the softest.

About the temps: Thank you there, too. I really feel like max camber most of the time is even the best setting for me in the formula Reiza cars. The Formula Ultimate Gen2 are almost on max camber on default anyways. It gives a very noticable high grip in cornering, but the traction loss and higher tire temps are negligible. But it seems logical, when I would consider the I/M/O rules are still legit but not reachable

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1