Add the Caterham 7 450R (Their 50th Anniversary)?& Japanese cars release please devs?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gengis Kentmen, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Gengis Kentmen

Gengis Kentmen New Member

Hi,

I hope this reads you well.
    Thank you for taking your time in reading this I appreciate it as I love this game. Disclaimer I have no sponsors just a passion for cars which brings us together.
    Being a car enthusiast like most of us here, I absolutely love this game now with he fixes and updates. I am part of the Lotus owners club (being a former lotus owner now) and Japanese Owners club which I need to state and have alot of experience on these types of vehicles.

I see that the Caterham 620 is in the game which is undriveable which is about right (joke) however I see no Caterham 450R?

Please can you consider having this car Caterham 420r in the game its a extremely well balance vehicle, just put into youtube and you will see how good they really are also we have their 50th Anniversary coming up so having a patch for this would be amazing? I also like to see more Japanese Cars like Toyota Supra or Skylines, Subarus etc. I have owned many vehicles had have first hand experience and would love to see this in the game including these types of vehicles modded.

I have been driving with the Caterham 620 and this car is a beast but doesn't perform well in the game or maybe its just me lol I understand this is also true in real life but never had to drive the 620 yet in real life. Jokes aside I think its a no brainer if we have 420R put in the game as this car is well rounded takes on the GT3 GT4 cars etc, please youtube and will prove my point and if you do decide to put this car in the game to make them handle better on corners as they do in real life.

I strongly believe the 420R will help the game if done right well for me at least! :) ;)

Please let us know if there is any plans in the works for this vehicle DLC as their 50th Anniversary is on September?

Warmest regards

Kent

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

You're right that the 620 is a nonsense car. It's a street car, but people drive it in AMS2 expecting "the pinnacle of racing Caterhams" and end up thinking AMS2 and the Caterhams are both garbage. Witness this video talking $#!+ about Caterhams while driving the 620:

It should be in the Street or Supercar class, not in its own class which implies a racing series (the 620 has no IRL racing series because it's a ridiculous meme car).

I will always support adding more Caterhams to any game; the 420R with slicks would be neat, since all of the existing Caterhams have road tires. The Superlight has close specs to the 420R, with road legal tires. My personal favorite Caterham in AMS2 is the Supersport - gotta have that manual transmission. Yes the 420R would be great, but it's always an issue of developer resources - we already have 4 Caterhams, and we're still waiting for rallycross...

Speaking of rallycross, I would hope that more AWD cars like the Japanese models you mention will come in the Adrenaline pack.

As a Lotus and Japanese car enthusiast, what do you think about the Lancer in AMS2? And do the Ginettas handle anything like the Lotuses you're familiar with?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023