After Rain Racing - testing dedicated server

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Supermelon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Supermelon

Supermelon New Member

Hi All,

So I finally figured out how to run 24/7 dedicated server on Amazon - thanks to many YT sources and this forum.

I'm trying to do something bit different. Since I'm noticing most of the online session are using extreme conditions like Clear Sky or Strom - I think it is far from being optimal. We have so good weather system in AMS2 it is a shame we don't use it properly! Let's fix that :)

So, what's the deal? Here some highlights:
    1. After Rain Racing - dedicated 24/7 server - just filter out by 'dedicated' or by 'name'
    2. Cars: P3 and Formula Junior (if you'd like to see something more, let me know)
    3. Short cycle - 10 minutes Qual, 10 minutes Race
    4. Initial track condition is always Damp or Wet - and it quickly progresses during the session. I think this is the best part - every lap is slightly different and it is not obvious which tires will work best.
    5. No Clear Sky or Rain - we race always after the rain, environment is constantly changing
    6. No extremities like Night or Midday - we race in early morning or sunset to have things even prettier and more interesting.
    You can spot how it look at Twitch

Server is open to public. I'm doing this just for the knowledge and to make AMS2 more interesting to everybody. See you on the track!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1