AI - How to increase amount of Crash-related DNFs?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jedlin12, Dec 31, 2023.

1. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

Hi, Doing AI season in F-USA gen 3 I noticed, that events, where AI crashes out of the race are extremely rare. In last 5 races, where each is 45-60 minutes long i had only one such an incident (on the oval track). I'm using Jusk's custom AI, AI skill is around 100-110 depending on the track and agression is set on high. What is the best way to fine-tune AI to crash a little more often?

2. Ben Summers

Ben Summers New Member

Change <vehicle_reliability>0.3</vehicle_reliability> in the XML file for the ai

3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can reduce both AI mistakes values, it should create more mistakes, but race ending one's are extremely rare. The AI damage threshold is much higher than the player, so heavy impacts don't affect them as much.

Also this last update reduced by a fair margin the amount of mistakes they make, so even with very low mistake avoidance values they keep it on the track much more consistently than before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Trick

Trick New Member

I cant find the Ai file

5. KingJareth

KingJareth New Member

The OP said he's using a custom AI files, its in there. If you arent using a custom AI you wont have one.