Ai Race - Mandatory Pitstop Issues?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by CameronPaul, Jul 11, 2023.

1. CameronPaul

CameronPaul New Member

Hey Team,
    New to the forums and fairly new to the AMS 2 sim. I tried doing a few Ai Races with mandatory pitstops for fun and I can't figure this out for the life of me. My issue is when I create a race with a mandatory pitstop, I make refueling optional and the number of mandatory tires to change 4. I created a pitstop strategy that only changes all 4 tires, no refueling, and I make sure to select that strategy pre race. The issue is during the race, when I'm in the middle (lets say lap 10 out of 20) and I want to make a pitstop for new tires. I make sure that it's on the right strategy but I can't request a pitstop in the (In car management) so I go to the pits anyway, the pit crew changes all 4 tires. I continue to race and then on the last lap it notifies me to make a mandatory pitstop (What the heck, I already made the pit stop). So I go in for another pitstop, the pit crew changes all 4 tires, I try to go back out on the track, I'm disqualified. I'm so lost, what is going on here? It's pretty comical and I can't figure out how to make sense of this mandatory pitstop thing. Please help.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Welcome as an AMS2 user.:)
    You will hopefully get accustomed to the state of this racing game :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah a pity it still is not fixed. We have to wait until this will be fixed. For now, no mandatory pitstops. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CameronPaul

CameronPaul New Member

Really?!? This is a known issue and hasn’t been fixed yet? Bummer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not 100% sure, but the bug seems to be caused by a new feature added last update, that allows for a minimum amount of mandatory tires that you can change. If you disable that option I think you can do mandatory stops without being DQ.

Let's hope they manage to fix that issue as having that option is true in many championships. No use having a mandatory stop, but not needing to change anything, as you can always just splash and go.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

Yeah, I have the same problem... even most of the AI ends up getting disqualified.

Also, it is hit or miss if fuel will actually be added to my car when I pit stop, despite refueling being allowed. Really a shame these bugs have yet to be fixed.

7. boris rink

boris rink New Member

is it now solved?

8. macbtz

macbtz Member

with the GT3 and Barcelona combo it seems to be fixed.

9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a full 71 lap race in Interlagos in F-UltimateG2, with 4 tire mandatory pit stop and no AI was disqualified. I retired at lap 40 deliberately because I was testing some AI stuff. But I imagine if no AI was disqualified then the player would have no issues either, but can't confirm 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Today in a championship race (Jerez historic) with GT3 cars I got disqualified two times. First time I pitted with the leading car. After 25 minutes I got a warning and a lap later the message I was disqualified. After that race I started the race again. I saw that it had a 0 tyres minimum changes. I did the stop and again was disqualified. It was the 14th race in the championship. I races before this one didn't give my any problems.

• Creative Creative x 1