AMS2 and EV drivetrains. Is it possible to sim them?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jedlin12, Mar 16, 2024.

1. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

Generally, despite growing popularity of electric motorsport and road cars it's still underrepresented niche in simracing. I think only Raceroom and rFactor 2 has functioning EV cars. AMS2 already has some hybrid cars, but can this sim handle EV only drivetrains? I remember that Assetto Corsa has issues with those and mod creators has to do some workarounds to get it functioning properly (like VRC Formula Lithum), that's why i'm asking

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

There is a mod car which is fully electric, but I don’t think it has been updated

3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I don’t like electric race cars. I want to shift and hear the engine sounds. Not a high pitch scream all race.. when there is a completely electric cars sim game released, I won’t be a part of that community.. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

I would rather want some of the cool EVs like the Rimac and the Lotus with 2000HP

5. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Likewise ... and i'd hear my PC all the time! I need noise to cover up that noise ! :cool:
    I'm afraid to me a electric vehicle race SIM is like Truck Simulator.
    Unless you physically feel the vehicle move on the racetrack/road, it's boring as hell! :p

• Like Like x 2
  6. Racinglegend1234

IMO electric engines are superior technology and needs to be accepted that it performs better. Same thing with people who only love manual shifters vs semi automatic

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Agree - sience is the way forward! But imho we should be driving hydrogen, but that's OT ;)

Doens't apply to emotions however, so good old stick shift and petrol smell won't be gone soon :whistle:

8. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whether or not anyone likes EVs is irrelevant to the OP ;)

Latapi (KAOS modding team) released an 'InMotion Revolution' mod about a year ago (that's presumably the one Racinglegend is referring to above), which in RL I think is intended to be a LMP3-equivalent fully electric car - but not sure how the drivetrain for that is modeled in game.

9. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

IMO the only electric motorsport worth adding in AMS2 would be Formula E. The combination of the electric motors and the low downforce of the cars would probably make for some very interesting physics and racing. :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. jedlin12

jedlin12 Member

Yup, i would pay for DLC that adds Formula E cars. I really enjoy watching those races. Combination of high power, low grip, low downforce and energy management. An unique mixture.

Oh and there are a few touring cars, rallycross cars and hillclimb monsters

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Superior or not. I just don’t like them and will not accept them in my racing game. :D

manual shifters vs semi automatic is not the same as hearing a v10 engine screaming vs a high pitch sound of an electric engine. So your comparison does not work for me.

everybody can like what they want. I just telling that I prefer a good combustion engine over an electric engine.:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This is what F1 could have been with combustion engine + no gear shifts.
    Before this Williams/VanDoorne F1 car was banned rumour did say that the laptimes at a test on Silverstone was about 1½ sec lower than the official record.
    So they had to ban it. Otherwise everybody would have to update to CVT.

This one is all the session. Where second half is more or less the sound of highspeed driving the CVT way.

• Like Like x 1