AMS2 doesnt start

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarcoLiverpool, Dec 28, 2021.

1. MarcoLiverpool

MarcoLiverpool New Member

Hello
    my AMS2 does not start. The StreamInfoScreen says, that AMS2 is starting, but it doesnt.

I have reinstalled it without success. Neither I do not get any error message, nor I have any other hiint to solve the problem.

Any idea????

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe, try to start AMS2.exe/ AMS2AVX.exe from your local folder and not via Steam.
    Or try Steam offline/online
    ams2.JPG

3. MarcoLiverpool

Thanks for your quick response. I started both AMS2 files direct from the folder. Without success. I also switched Steam to offline mode and tried again. Unfortunately it is the same issue...

Maybe there is another hint?
    BR Oliver

4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

what do u see happen in the task manager/details when u open the game?

does the ams2.exe ever appear? do u see the ams2avx exe after the ams2.exe has been seen?
    does it disappear again?

did the game ever work for you?
    have u recently formated your pc and now have a fresh build, if so, have u installed all the nessasary drivers and updates for things suchs as d3d, your gpu, and all the other fancy stuff?

5. MarcoLiverpool

After clicking the AMS2 Icon the SteamScreen (AMS2 wird gestartet) appears. In the task manager there is only the STEAM (32bit) App, but no APP starting with "AMS...."

Yes AMS ran till yesterday evening. I neither have updated the PC, nor I have updated any driver....

6. MarcoLiverpool

Steam Search for error, 4 failures found. Computer restart... AMS2 works again.... Don't know, why... Anyway. Thanks for your help :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SimesMc

SimesMc New Member

Can I ask you to unpack what you mean by Steam search for error please Sir? Thanks in advance. I have deleted/removed the app then re-installed the game, all 83 gigs of my bandwidth, to no avail. I have been driving in this since very early access but the last few months I've not been able to get it working.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

He means steam file integrity check/file verify under right click -> properties in your steam library for Automobilista 2 and under the game file tab there.

I recommend you to rename your Automobilista 2 folder in your windows documents folder and give starting the game a try afterwards. You have to reconfigure your profile but it has a chance of starting again.

• Like Like x 1