AMS2 - FCY - Bug from 1.4.1.0 fixed in 1.4.1.2 (partly) but reintroduced in 1.4.1.3 (worse!)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Aeomer, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

The bug where the first of the AI drivers behind the player when the player is leading will always overtake the player during FCY even if the player is not going slowly has reappeared in 1.4.1.3 build.

If the player attempts to take the position back (having been informed to go back to position) a +15 seconds penalty is applied. The AI, however, receives no penalty for passing the player.

Further, if the AI which passes the player in P1 was a lapped car, it is immediately promoted to first place but is still N-1 laps down. The only way to get back to the lead is to slow down and be overtaken by all cars until the player goes N laps down to behind the fake P1 player and overtake it again after driving a full lap.

I think FCY needs to be refactored to use forced-simpler rules to prevent the AI from using any other behaviours during FCY. The bug really does feel like two competing behaviours creating a race-condition (tech speak non-programmers please ignore) on the flag, penalty, and race states.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Erik G

Erik G New Member

Ah, I was wondering what happened yesterday when I suddenly had to drop to second place during a FCY.