AMS2 Monza DLC crashing game

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Andre Vaillancourt, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Andre Vaillancourt

Andre Vaillancourt New Member

Hi folks.

Since the latest update, my Monza DLC is crashing the game. I can open today's track and 1991 one but not the historic 1971. Everytime I'm trying to load it, I receive a message telling me the Monza1971.bff is not correct.
    I tried unchecking the DLC, load the game, quit the game, check back the DLC but nothing change, still crashing.

André Vaillancourt.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

How about delete (make a backup though) the bff and then via Steam check of files get a replacement?

3. Andre Vaillancourt

That's a good idea. I may try that.

4. Andre Vaillancourt

Well, no success. By removing the files from packages folder, unchecking the DLC via Steam, loading the game, no Monza. Rechecking the DLC via Steam, the files don't come back. Monza appear in the list but the files don't come back.

There is no way to completely uninstall and do a fresh reinstall of a DLC ?

5. Andre Vaillancourt

YES..... Problem fixed. I found a way to reinstall good files of a corrupted DLC. Just as BrunoB said, delete the files from the packages folder and do a Steam files check integrity. It will find missing files and will download them again.

I really happy to get the track back because Monza historic 1971 is my favorite track.