AMS2 not detecting all wheel buttons

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Kridedude, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

Bought a new wheel (Ascher Racing Artura Pro-SC) and not all buttons are recognized. More precisely the upper paddles behind and the two 12-pos rotaries in front of the wheel. Other buttons and thumb encoders work fine.

Also in other sims I've tried ALL the buttons work but AMS2 doesn't let me map them. There's others who have the same problem.
    Is there a limit for inputs/buttons in AMS2? Is there a fix possible?

I've tried custom wheel in AMS2 as well but no dice. The wheelbase I'm using is a SC2 Pro.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  2. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

How many buttons are there?
    I'm experiencing the same when using the TM F1 add-on wheel in advanced mode, but everything works in normal mode (less buttons).
    So it might indeed be something with AMS not being able to handle 1 device exceeding a certain amount of inputs.

3. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

Can't find the exact amount of inputs but over 100 is advertised.

Kinda bummed that other sims can detect them fine, even older ones like AC, iRacing, rFactor2 and Raceroom. Those I have tried so far and no issues.

4. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Jup same here,
    I do know of a flightsim I also use that couldn't handle over 32 inputs and had to update some major architectural stuff before they were able to fix that. But my F1 wheel in advanced mode is still less than 32 inputs if I counted right.
    If I count yours, I'm at 34 so could be these 2 aren't recognized due to that.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont know if this will help but I have no prob getting the game to recognise these plus 2 buttons and 2 analogue levers on the back.

gamepad_steelseries_racing_wheel_sim_raceway-17803261-xtra2 klip.jpg

Edit: Sorry I can see that we are op to much more buttons/levers than mine :whistle:

6. sebo

sebo New Member

Hey Guys,

could you find the issue and what is going on?

I am using the Fanatec Formula v2.5X and AMS2 does not accept input from the right toggle switch (button 31 and 33 to be precise). It says "invalid input". The left toggle switch is detected properly (32 and 34). Also rotary switches are detectes, but I can only assign up-rotation and down-rotation e.g. for ABS up and down or TC up and down.

I am on Version 1.5.3 and I love AMS2 now. But it is annoying that not all buttons are accepted.

Best regs
    Sebastian

7. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

No solution. I get no notification, AMS2 just doesn't recognize the input at all.

I agree it's a bit irritating that all the inputs wont work. Really liking the game at this point but this veers me to other racing sims that has functioning inputs.

8. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Same for me. I really like AMS2 but not being able to use the entire real estate of my F1 wheel is a real bummer.

9. sebo

sebo New Member

I hope they can fix it soon with a intermediate update.

I have the latest fanatec driver 455 and the latest fanalab software 1_20 or so.
    Also I tried the dead zone trick avoiding any flicker overlay inputs.

Last I tried to switch my wheel base to compatability mode instead of PC mode.
    --> This gave me the chance to use the right toggel switch too!
    But ony as POV1:up, that is the same button already on an the funky switch.

@REIZA can you hear us? Please help us!
    The button issue is only worse on xbox where I came from. I dont think you want to be on this level. Here on PC this schould not be a problem.

Now that you REIZA have the physics better done, players come to see and check. But these things make us headache.

Best regs
    Sebastian

• Like Like x 1
  10. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly same issue with the Artura Pro SC. I also didn't get the red/blue thumb encoders detected but fixed it by putting them in rotary mode instead of switch. Also dual clutch paddles could'nt be assigned because i had this message: "Multiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned". Fixed it by temporarily disabling the slave paddle in TD. After this i was able to set the bite point of the clutch. Still remaining the upper paddles (that are digital, not analog inputs) not detected, pretty boring. IIRC also the rotary function of the two 7 ways funky switches is not detected.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello! Im not sure, but i think AMS2 only recognises button numbers up to 64. Maybe you need a 3rd party solution like JoyToKey or Control Mapper Plugin for Simhub for it to work..?

12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I use vjoy for my button box and my steering wheel without it. No issues

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

Yeah, not really interested in a 3rd party solution. I know of vjoy but thought it increases latency?

Edit: might try it again. I used it way back with irffb but the whole thing together was so buggy I lost interest.

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I haven’t noticed anything, but I’m not using it for my wheel

15. ayrtonforever

Hi, any news about it?

16. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

No. Apparently AMS2 don't support all the features and/or has a limit for button inputs

17. Carodon

Carodon New Member

Hi,

Just for info, Asetek suggests to use a "Legacy Mode" on its Racehub software when playing AMS2. My guess is that Madness engine is too old to manage a lot of inputs. I have to say that even with this option turned on, AMS2 doesn't deal very well with my forte wheel buttons

I hope Reiza will adress this issue someday cause modern cars like lmdh really need a lot of in board adjustments

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. ayrtonforever

Has AMS2 a limit of 100 inputs to assign? The DRS paddles on my Artura Pro are listed as 102 and 103 so i suspect this is the culprit

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  19. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

I think it's more based on a max per device (I know another older sim that has a max of 32/device).

20. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

Probably another Madness engine thing

• Agree Agree x 1