AMS2 Telemetry tool

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Markus Fischböck, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Markus Fischböck

Markus Fischböck New Member

So, after being a silent reader of this forum for a couple of years finally my first post :)

I’m currently looking into the UDP telemetry data from AMS2 and already typed out a small prototype to capture the data during a session. I know there’s plenty of telemetry tools out there, but the ones I found are either quite expensive or on a subscription model which I dislike. Also was interested to dig a bit more into the topic from a technical perspective.

The idea was to provide s small tool hosted locally to draw up the most common graphs like throttle/brake and the likes.
    I thought - even though it’s quite early - to already reach out to the community and get some ideas from you folks on what kind of features you would expect from such a tool. Maybe it could venture into the direction of giving setup tips or just a plain viewer of the recent laps would already be enough.
    Happy to hear back from you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Setup tips would be interesting, but wouldn’t it be better to integrate it with Telemetry Tool for AMS2

3. Markus Fischböck

Markus Fischböck New Member

Oh… wasn’t aware of that project. Thanks for the link! I’ll definitely check it out

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Maybe it was smarter to use the same full pro telemetry tool like teams use in RL racing.
    Its the real MoteC telemetry analyzer and the tool itself is free to download.
    The function of GeekyDeaks logger is to "translate" the telemetry output from as example AMS2 to the input format MoteC does understand.
    Release v1.6.0 · GeekyDeaks/sim-to-motec

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What a good video

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah but I just think he goes a bit too fast forward when he does show how to download the MoteC tool and install both it and the logger itself.
    Hehe but maybe its just me who had a problem to follow the video.
    But I found the files at last:D

• Useful Useful x 1