1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. itnoetic

itnoetic New Member

As an exclusively-VR player, I want that more than any VR QoL improvements.

If that option is enabled, then the car restarts itself automatically if you press the gas after it stalls. If that option is disabled, then you have to have a start engine button bound.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

3. stealthradek

stealthradek Active Member

Pre-race start wheel position check
    I've had now two races wasted online where after a spin - came back to pits and started the race with wheel pointing in a wrong direction as there's no indication of wheel position prior to the start. So took myself and few others unnecessarily as car verged to the wall and bounced back on the track.

Could be something in the menu or during the lights phase to warn that the wheel is not centred. VR user with HUD disabled.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Active Member

Cleveland pit exit penalty is a bit weird. It forces you to turn into oncoming traffic in some weird hidden chicane.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

What setting are you using for "MENU SPRING STRENGTH" under FFB section of CONTROLS?

6. GoobMB

GoobMB New Member

I would personally rank this as "big" bug.
    Horizon lock is not working good with banks. Which makes big banks tracks basically undriveable in VR. The engine shall pick up the tangens of the bank as a horizon to lock on, but it picks some weird compromise between this and world horizon.
    So to drive with correct head (at least) position you have to tilt it into the bank, which of course is not quite good. And good luck doing it for one hour in an Indycar race.
    I am aware the Madness Engine might not allow to change this, but if it could: please please please.

7. RDG

RDG Member

Any chance of getting lockup lights implemented in the GT cars? They’re already modelled, just not working right now and imo they’re great for immersion and actually aid a lot during night driving.

A DRS light would also help in the Ultimate.

8. stealthradek

stealthradek Active Member

20 and 100% for "Spring Effect Strength" in Fanatec's control panel.

The FFB is completely off in menu and leading to the start of the race, even during rolling start there's nothing until the controls are given to the player and sadly there's no indication of things being incorrect until it's too late :(

9. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

So....not sure if it was mentioned. But Watkins Glen T1 track limits? Anyone? No? Kay. But the top time in F USA is pulling a Kimi Raikkonen at Spa through La Source and is using the wall as the track limits.

Also, in replays Karts have 900 degrees of rotation while the Karts are only 180 degrees of rotation. In the cockpit, this works but in the replay, the poor driver is going bonkers trying to turn, quite funny to look at.

10. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member Reiza Backer

This has probably been mentioned before but can we move the in race chat box! When people chat mid race or join/leave and you are hitting the apex you cannot see it, very distracting!

11. szo

szo New Member

So thats how you exit the pit. I have not left it without getting a penalty yet.

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

The Pit Strategy that you created and named, why are they always out of order? For example, if I create a strategy called "Front Suspension" and it will stay at the top of the list as more are being created. But once you start some races and getting in and out accessing the strategies you created, sometimes what was at the top is now somewhere at the bottom or in the middle....my question is why? Please fix this because I am using Voice Attack and it is specific in what it is fetching and if the list of order are wrong, it fetches the wrong strategy. I don't think developers even know about this or how Voice Attack work but if they do, they would have fixed it.

13. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Something that bugs me a bit is Donington Park is shown in United Kingdom and not with the other English tracks or the other English tracks with it.