AMS2 V1.3.8.1 Update feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaWorstPlaya, Jul 15, 2022.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Thank you Reiza! This is the physics, tire model and feel I have been waiting for. The cars that I have tested finally feel like real cars to me. German Group A, F3, Copa Classic B, Formula Vee all feel realistic and believeable. Underpowered FWD cars finally drive like they do IRL. The Copa Classic B series is going to be so good now where it's not dominated by the RWD cars.

I've always stayed away from the physics discussion in the past because I thought it was pointless to argue about realism. Prior to V1.3.8.1 the cars always felt off. For me it was mainly during the transition from understeer to oversteer and vice versa. The car felt too snappy and the transition didn't happen correctly. Now they feel progressive and correct. It now matches my real world experience. I always wondered why the physics in PCars2 felt so different from AMS2 even though they both used the Madness Engine. I'm so glad the Reiza team figured it out.

You guys have TRANSFORMED AMS2. It went from being a sim with some major physics flaws to one that truly shines. So thank you so much for doing this update. Great work team at Reiza! For those folks that stepped away from AMS2, now is the time to give this title another shot.

Now I hope we get some multiplayer updates soon to make AMS2 one of the top sim racing titles out there.
    Thank you Reiza! Keep up the great work!

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm. AMS2 is possibly one of the best sims out there right now. ACC and AMS2 are my main drives right now.

• Like Like x 2