[AMS2] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by wanderschikanentv, Dec 15, 2022.

1. wanderschikanentv

wanderschikanentv New Member

Hi all,

here are my settings for AMS2 in very nice VR quality on mid-end hardware! Enjoy!

Nvidia driver: 522.25
    OpenXR Toolkit 1.2.2
    OpenComposite: https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR

My PC-configuration:
    RTX3080
    HP Reverb G2
    Intel i9 10850K
    32 GB of DDR4-Ram
    Fanatec CSW2.5 with McLaren V2-Wheel

Best regards,
    Mike

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks for posting. gonna give it a try later. My settings are close to yours, but you seem to have tried a few things i haven't.

edit: I applied basically all of your openxr toolkit tweaks and the opencomposite.ini tweak to all my racing sims and WOW, performance and image clarity are insanely good. Thank you so much for sharing.

I also settled on 522.25 nvidia driver as well. i dont have any data to back it up, but performance seems to be the best of any recent nvidia driver.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  3. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

To help get a better understanding of performance can you guys confirm your specs?

4. wanderschikanentv

wanderschikanentv New Member

Sure, I added to the original post!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

For me

9700K, RTX 3070, 16 Gb 3200 speed ram, reverb g2, Logitech dd wheel

6. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Anybody here noticed that the opencomposite.ini entry doesn’t do anything on the reverb g2 for Automobilista 2? If anybody sees a difference please let me know

7. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not on a 3080 and have another VR-headset, but I am also searching for some good clarity settings. I also tried a lot of settings in OpenXR, but it stays a bit blurry.

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for your videos.
    I used this videk as a guide, I don't like SMAA so lowered resolution a bit to allow for MSAA medium, looks much cleaner imo.
    Now to do the same to rF2 amd AC. I can't get R3E to work yet, but will work on it.
    Thanks again. You have a new subscriber ;)

9. rickard64

rickard64 New Member

I tried theese settings as well and experience the same thing, as previous writer.

Msaa is worth dropping a lot of other settings for, combined with either CAS or FSR

10. Koering

Koering New Member

Intel 12th gen i7-12700
    32 GB Ram
    3800 GFX 10GB Vram
    OPENXR
    I can not get AMS2 running with these settings at all without constantly stuttering at race starts. FPS drops from 90 to 80 or 60fps at times, and that is noticeable. Also, the track does to 'run' in peaces. It is not fluent :(

Only solution is to lock FPS to 45FPS with the OpenXR toolkit.

I suppose that my graphics card has to less VRAM. Anyhow, AMS2 is still not the finest experience for VR. Moreover, side-mirror and GUI navigation and HUD setup is still 90s bugfest.

11. Glenn Meade

Glenn Meade New Member

Im having a problem and I don't know how to describe it other than wiggling, looking at tall trees on the 1971 Nuerburgring map the tips of them are flagging or wiggling OpenCompisit is showing a steady 45 FPS and everything looks really smooth...... If I use WMR for Steam I have no wiggling, but I have micro stutters. So am I seeing what people call shimmering. I have a HP Reverb G2 with a RTX 4070.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Just a heads up that Win 11 will remove WMR in the next big update so if you use a WMR HMD don't update.
    Screenshot_20240214_113803_Facebook.jpg

13. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

don't support wmr but to stop them working altogether is just crazy - is it even legal?

14. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I stayed on W10 which now seems like a good idea. A good question tho, is it legal, is intentionally making something not that old tbf, completely redundant? it certainly is dodgy imo.

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Good question. But because the status is that MS more or less has a monopoly on the worlds most used gaming OS then they can do what they want.
    As I understand it only the EU board could be interested in the legality of this.
    Hehe but it never gonna happen that they take it to the EU court.