AMS2 with Rain in VR is slow

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MrChrisMan, Sep 1, 2022.

1. MrChrisMan

MrChrisMan New Member

I've got a 3090 and AMS2 is pretty unplayable in VR with rain. No need to go into the details of that, as many other people have mentioned this.

It would be useful if there was the ability to save and switch to different performance profiles, then I could have a profile for normal VR and a separate one for rain VR. Right now, If I want to play in rain I need to reduce all the settings down, but I can never remember what settings I had originally to switch back to them. I spend a lot of time getting my settings right, so the option to switch between saved profiles would save me a lot of time and make rain something I'd use.

Please do something Reiza. I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard to have a profile switcher - everything is probably stored in files? Maybe make it an optional feature for those of us who use VR?

When switching profiles, if a setting has changed that requires a restart, e.g. supersampling level, then just force a restart. At the moment, changing the SS level, manually exiting and re-opening is a bit of a pain. If it can happen automatically, then great. This would be a nice-to-have.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

The easy button I use; is to lower SteamVR supersampling for rain/evening races and not mess with the other settings. Then bump it back up for normal dry races. Yea it would be nice if you could switch SS or profiles without having to restart the game but this is an issue that plagues most VR games and has always been an issue with the Madness Engine from the PCars2 days.

The only game where you can do this without having to restart the game is ACC but that uses Epic's Unreal 4 engine. And that engine suffers from it's own set of issues when running in VR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1