Any chance for 50’s F1 of any season for AMS 2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dzoneracing, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Dzoneracing

Dzoneracing New Member

That’s it really. I’m loving the game, apart from the ai slamming into the armco barrier at eau rouge on old spa :p, 50s era F1 are some of my favorite cars to drive in sims. Any clue if they’re gonna add any cars from those seasons? Reiza’s representation of vintage f1 is some of the best driving I’ve ever had on a sim, even a 250F would be enough for me.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I hope Reiza give us some gen 1 of F1 and Indy... maybe some pre-WW2 cars or even some early XX Century stuff. Would give it all a huge welcome.

Have high hope about it since Reiza build the habit to surprise us with exclusive content, specially about retro racing... so, why not?

Abração!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

It should be no surprise that I'd welcome that. Someone actually suggested the addition of a 'Formula Origins' set of classes in another thread. Could be fun having some '50s front-engine open-wheelers, succeeded by early '60s mid-engined 1.5Ls.

But of course then we'd need the proper tracks as well, or proper versions of existing tracks. There was some talk a while back about a historic track pack, but I don't know what the status is.

Alternatively there's Historic Formula Junior which is very popular in the UK and would work well on the lower grade tracks already in the sim.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'd love a Fangio based DLC with some of his most successful cars... W196, 250F, and the one that started it all the Alfa 158...

With Argentina, Silverstone, Spa and Monza already having very close to period tracks in game, and the 60s Nordschleife on the way...

We are really only missing Zandvoort, Bremgarten and Reims from the first ever championship and regular tracks for that decade... A historic track pack with Bremgarten and Reims together with a historic version of Monaco and no chicane Silverstone would really compliment a Fangio DLC... We could also have a Zandvoort track pack to take advantage of Verstappen's current popularity, which includes the historic versions of that great track...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Credit for inventing the class name goes to @Shriukan
    My post that reiterated the idea:
    –––

The Historic Track Pack is not just "some talk", it's already announced DLC which is part of the current Season Pass. Reiza hasn't written much about their plans other than the DLC description "historical variants of existing tracks in the game", but they've dropped some hints on Twitter, and the Sherlock thread has some relatively solid speculation based on these hints that it will be tracks from the era of 1988-2001 (Monaco, Estoril…)

–––

Reiza already has Argentinian content, and Reiza already has relations to Mercedes so that they can discuss licensing of the W196, so a Fangio based DLC makes a lot of sense, in my opinion. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As I was typing my previous comment, Renato dropped more info:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

Now that sounds intriguing, especially the Pt1 part! I take it the team are committed to doing more historic stuff then. Thx for sharing!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely, that was announced some months back.

• Like Like x 2