Are AI using different dry tire compounds yet?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Apr 19, 2024.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

As the title says.

As I understand it, and honestly, I think it was a good call gameplay-wise, for a while now the AI was limited to using only soft compounds. I do think it was a good idea to do this while the AI was continuously improved while other improvements to the game was being made. And it was easy to see the baseline that the player could compare with, so as to not "cheat" against the AI using compounds they didn't have access to to gain an advantage.

So fast forward to today, I had a 30 lap race, x3 tire acceleration in the Formula Classic gen 4 at Adelaide, and as I expected I used the softs. But halfway through the race I really had to pit, but to my surprise, the AI didn't pit when I expected them to, since it's been my experience their tire degredation has been pretty similar to the players. So are they using harder compounds now? Depending on weather, tarmac temp, tire deg based on corner speeds?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, they still only use the softs. They just don't degrade as fast as the player on the classes were there are other harder compounds to compensate. Which is not really ideal IMHO because then the player will be at an disadvantage pace wise until the wear starts.

I hope they manage to get the AI to use the other compounds soon, it will bring a lot of more immersion and variables to races if properly done with varied AI pit strategies.