1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah, 56/44, I'll try the brake bias you suggested and pump brake pressure up a bit again and see how they behave.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those "new" endurance rockets do have a hell of speed. It's absolutely insane how quick they are. Like if F1 cars are crimped with some aero positive bodywork. I think it feels like running the ultimate sprint race when driving this at Le mans.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

One thing I wonder, how was the Hybrid deployment on the real thing for these LMP1? It sure takes some management to keep up with the AI.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK it was similar to how it is implemented in AMS2 LMDh and Formula cars, that is with a mapping that was optimized for the track and type of session to get the ideal balance between deployment and recharging (and also staying within the allowed limits, of course). I guess the specifics on how much energy got deployed in which gear at which RPM and speed were quite involved. Not sure if there was some GPS involved as well (i.e. which parts of the track to deploy more or less energy), but I wouldn't be surprised. Either way, the process was mostly automatic for the driver, I think - no need to push or hold a button!

If I remember correctly the way PCARS2 did it was quite simplified, as the deployment of electric energy was simply based on how far you pressed the loud pedal.

Either way, I really hope Fred can get on top of this stuff and find a more appropriate way of KERS usage - especially because the current way gives you WAY too much power. I think I have yet to find a gear where I don't get heavy wheelspin when using the system. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turbo Granny

Specially the Audi, its brutal, the Porsche is more manageable. I think the same system as the LMDh would be better, I have no idea how difficult it is to implement on the mod... Specially in Le Mans, they run out of juice really fast, its funny watching the LMDh just passing by like its nothing on the mulsanne straight, the gear ratios seems to be not ideal too, little to be adjusted. I wonder if someone gave feedback on the discord, I'll check it later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think he tuned them to be realistic

• Like Like x 2
  7. XTRMNTR2K

While I am pretty sure that was the eventual goal, they're not quite there yet. As @Turbo Granny correctly pointed out the gear ratios are still way too short for the longest straights just to mention one thing, and the way the power is deployed is just plain unrealistic. It should gradually support the ICE - especially when accelerating out of corners - and then slowly dial back the deployment as the speed increases. Not sure how the level of deployment was managed back then, though. But I believe the drivers could choose from different modes similar to how it is today.

8. Turbo Granny

Pressing a button
    During braking, a generator at the front axle converts the car’s kinetic energy into electrical energy. In the split exhaust system, one turbine drives the turbocharger while another converts surplus energy into electrical energy. The braking energy contributes 60 per cent, with the remaining 40 per cent coming from exhaust gas. The recuperated electrical energy is stored temporarily in a lithium-ion battery and feeds an electric motor on demand. “On demand” means: the driver wants to accelerate and calls up the energy at the press of a button. In accordance with the latest regulation changes, the power from the combustion engine is just under 500 HP (368 kW), and the output from the electric motor is well over 400 HP (294 kW).

I guess its right, but still, something is off, the gear ratios, the brutality of deployment, and shouldnt it go for the front axle?

9. Racinglegend1234

I have no idea about deployment, I only know he tuned the top speed

10. Turbo Granny

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fireballr18

I did a bit. Gear ratios are not the best and the cars are too slow on the straights but no substantial feedback. I was new and didn't run it much :D

I will add something to @XTRMNTR2K s explanations later when I'm back in the rig.

This class is so different to drive to the LMDhs. More stressful and decision making becomes the crucial thing and this must be done very often in tiny bits. It's a ride on the edge and can be a pure thriller through traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Turbo Granny

Its probably something too hard to implement with little access modders have... But I hope it can be improved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Racinglegend1234

Probably if/when LMH cars arrive since they use electric engines at the front

14. Turbo Granny

I sure wonder if we are getting LMH too from reiza, but anyway, if the deliver were smoothier would improve the LMP1 even if it went to the rear axle.

They really are a different beast from the LMDh, I love the way they drive, but I'm really not loving the hybrid system and gear ratios haha. I really want to love this mod, specially the Audi that is my favorite even with that face only a mother could love.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. fireballr18

:D:D
    I love the Audi. It was my fav Endurance team and I almost got depressed when they stepped out of the LMP1 period and later when they explained not to join the new hypercars again. I'm still on recovery;).

Porsche curves while running 280km/h...it brings Le Mans on another level.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fireballr18

They had different sets of mapping and the drivers were able to switch between those over a control knob. Additionally there is a boost button to push overtaking and also to override the mapping if there is a situation you have immediately to capitalize. On the other hand (talking of Porsche 919) there was also a paddle to recuperate while coasting or braking.

They had a certain amount of fuel per lap as well as electrical power in general. When they used too much in a lap, they got penalized and (iirc) that has to be compensated the lap after. But they couldn't save energy from the lap before and use it in the next on top when something was left. I.e. they need to use it best. The higher the cars were categorized in the hybrid class the more additonal energy they got (for approx. 0.5sec each MJ class).

• Like Like x 1
  17. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another 'little' jewel on pcmt.....
    Take a look !

• Like Like x 3
  18. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Did you manage to do so? Not as a pressure, I am just wondering if you could. Apparently putting something new in the sim have required a huge effort and we are only able to rip stuff from other madness titles mostly...

19. XTRMNTR2K

I think I must be dreaming. :eek: Looks like Fred added the 919 Evo (converted from Robi's PC2 version) to the mod roster. Available at Thunderflash's place as usual.

Don't know about you guys, but I know what I'll be doing today... :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Ferrari is in AMS2, although only the chassis of the car so far. I'm still working on them, next to my F1 2024 Skinpack. I would love to have more time for my mod, but my real life stuff doesn't allow it. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2